[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Installing an Amplifier to factory head-unit
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Installing an Amplifier to factory head-unit

Installing an Amplifier to factory head-unit

Postby R-TicFrost » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:14 am

I want to install an amp to drive a sub from my previous car. Has anyone taken the dash apart? or tapped in a remote wire to the factory head unit? I just want to know how difficult it would be...
R-TicFrost
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:05 am

it's pointless to waste your time putting an amp to the stock head unit. your best bet is to get a good head unit with an onboard amp, because the stock speakers aren't bad at all.

-chrystie

Postby ChrYstiE » Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:06 am

that was me...
08 VW GLI
ChrYstiE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby R-TicFrost » Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:41 am

Believe it or not. The stock head unit on the 04 Solara sounds pretty good, and I play it really loud without any clipping or distortion. I want the subs to handle all the low end, and why not? I have all the equipment from my previous car. Which still leaves me with the question... has anyone tapped a remote wire to the stock head unit before? Thanks.
R-TicFrost
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby impactX » Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:53 am

Get a subwoofer amp with speaker level input and tap into the rear speakers from the trunk.
impactX
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Radio questions

Postby Radio man » Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:45 pm

As part of the team who devolped the radio I can say that it will out perform many of the aftermarket units out today. It may not have the cool extras but the quality is built in. An aftermarket amp and speakers will go a long way for that extra boom you may desire.
Radio man

Postby MGLax13 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:59 pm

Life is alot easier if you get the aftermarket radio though. It's alot more precise in adjusting the low, mids and highs, you can just plug RCA's right into it with no problem, they come with a remote, you can shut the amps off if you want, the signal to the subs is non-fading.....there's a whole list of advantages. The aftermarket one is good though too, but if you're an audiophile....then you gotta go with the aftermarket unit.
MGLax13
SolaraGuy Solara13
SolaraGuy Solara13

Question for Radio Man

Postby bigpow » Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:48 pm

Radio man,

Since you're part of the design team, could you let us know how we can install an RCA stereo input (tap into SAT mode?)?
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:06 am

Radio Man,

And tips to take the dash apart... I really don't wanna tear up my new dash! It's like a normal Toyota, right? Just need to look for the clips? and it pops right out?

Postby JadedEMOlush » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:40 am

Yes... that would be AWESOME. Do you have any info on how to use the "Sat" connection as an AUX input, or atleast tell us how many pins and the types of connections that are available back there.

Many of us are waiting on this information so Blitzsafe or PIE can develop some adapters.

Thanks!
JadedEMOlush
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5