[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - engines:performance
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

engines:performance

engines:performance

Postby mike6184 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:51 am

i was wondering whether it was worth getting the 4 cyl. I mean if you had the option of getting all the interior options available on an se but had to sacrifise the v6 would you do it. basically, im wondering what the acceleration is on the 2.4, i havent seen any figures.

thanks
mike6184

Postby Yanks0114 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:18 pm

Both engines have their advantages. The 4cyl will cost less of course but won't give you the high horsepower that you may desire. But then again if you are looking for high hp, you are looking at the wrong platform
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:48 pm

the 2.4 has nice low end torque due to VVT-i

The V6 doesn't have a VVT-i unless you get the 04 Solara.

The 2.4 is VERY SLUGGISH in the 04...

For a daily driver, the 2.4 should be good. The 3.0 is not worth it, imo, unless it has VVT-i (Camry, RX, ES, etc) but the 3.3 is!
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Buckeyegirl » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:00 pm

3,500 lb. car, your gonna need a lot more horsepower than whats offered for any performance.
Buckeyegirl
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5