[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - engine
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

engine

engine

Postby mike6184 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:34 pm

For those of you who have the 4cylinder do you have any complaints? Basically, i'm wondering whether the 2.4 liter se is under powered. after all it is a a 3k pound car.

thanks
mike6184

Postby krawzyazn » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:38 pm

none here in my 02 same engine 2az
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:07 pm

Go test drive one. Well... used car dealer... because the 04 Solara feels sluggish
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Re: engine

Postby rgache » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:12 am

mike6184 wrote:For those of you who have the 4cylinder do you have any complaints? Basically, i'm wondering whether the 2.4 liter se is under powered. after all it is a a 3k pound car.

thanks

I have an 02 se-sport, 5sp manual with the 4cyl engine. I think the 4cyl has plenty of accelleration. But, my version has some reduced weight due to new wheels/tires and I also have the manual trans with the 4cyl. I am thinking that the weight savings is around 400lbs between my car and the stock 6cyl models. So, I like the 4 cyl, but my car is lighter than others.

See my review in the forum for more details.
Russell
rgache
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby njdrive » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:47 pm

i think it a lil under powered but i think it may be a problem with my car....after i put my first tank of gas in the car started sounding louder an a ringing/whinning sound started.....i like it but i just been feelinin like im gettin doubtful about the car
njdrive

Postby chuchurocket » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:11 pm

i just got my car, and the 2.4 is not the fastest thing AT ALL, however, it's extremely smooth, there are no huge power in the engine, but it's definitely enough and quite pwoerful for a 2.4 actually
chuchurocket
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby xyntax » Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:57 pm

njdrive wrote:i think it a lil under powered but i think it may be a problem with my car....after i put my first tank of gas in the car started sounding louder an a ringing/whinning sound started.....i like it but i just been feelinin like im gettin doubtful about the car

Did you just install a new air filter? Try to check if you closed the airbox properly. That has happened to me once.
-~=| XYNTAX |=~-

2AZ-FE & 13B-MSP
xyntax
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5