[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Did anyone else get the Toyota platinum extended warranty?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Did anyone else get the Toyota platinum extended warranty?

Did anyone else get the Toyota platinum extended warranty?

Postby slingshot » Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:35 am

I got the 7yr/75000 mile warranty because I thought I wanted to keep my new 2004 Solara for a long time without problems. My last Solara had a couple problems right after the warranty was over (needed new oxygen sensor, bad brake fluid leak). I have three years to decide if I want all my money back on the warranty if I wanted and can cut short the warranty any year afterward and get the remaining money back. So that sounds great. What do you guys think?
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby DavPak » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:16 am

i think its a good idea to keep the warranty. i'm actually about to purchase the same one myself.
'02 Solara S/C'ed V6 5-spd
DavPak
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Astro » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:51 pm

You should definately keep your warranty, you could have the same thing happen again. Just think of Murphy's Law - anything that can go wrong - will go wrong!
I guess they changed the warranty for gen2, I have Toyota Extra Care Gold which covers 6yr/100,000mi. Are there some different types of warranties? I have extra care gold and he has platinum extended.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby DavPak » Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:38 am

yeah, there's 3 main extended warranties.
powertrain, gold and platinum. all are available in 100K or 75K mile versions, and most have $50 deductibles while some have $0 deductible.
'02 Solara S/C'ed V6 5-spd
DavPak
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby slingshot » Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:50 pm

Mine is the $0 deductible and is for 7 yrs or $75000 miles. From what I saw the platinum is much better than the gold or silver plans.
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby rgache » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:32 am

I got the Plantinum also. I plan on keeping my 04, SE-Sport, 4cyl, 5sp, for about 6 years and I was able to finance the plan, which I think is a great value.

Here is a pic:

http://pictures.fujifilm.com/picture_pi ... m?id=26569
Russell
rgache
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

me 2

Postby bigpow » Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:38 pm

Me too.

I bought it since it's 100% refundable (if claims never made)

*edit*

Now it's beginning to look like buying the platinum warranty was the most sound decision I made that day (I purchased my SLE V6).

With all these problems I'm having... I'm gonna need a premium Health Insurance as well (I can hear my blood pressure gushing in my head now!)

:(
Last edited by bigpow on Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

sportguy

Postby SportGuy » Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:09 pm

I bought the same warranty that you did when I bought my Solara a month ago. They gave me a good price for it. Never have bought a warranty before but plan on keeping the car a long time!
04 Solara SE Sport
Absolutely Red
Fast and Fun!!
SportGuy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Missay » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:39 pm

i just wouldn't buy an extended warranty though until the bumper to bumper is up. just seems pointless to pay for a 7 year plan when the car is brand new. once the three years are up, you only have 4 left. Unless of course there's something significant enough on the extended warranty that would make it worth it.

although, you do get roadside assistance w/ the extended :roll:
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby slingshot » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:51 pm

Missay wrote:i just wouldn't buy an extended warranty though until the bumper to bumper is up. just seems pointless to pay for a 7 year plan when the car is brand new. once the three years are up, you only have 4 left. Unless of course there's something significant enough on the extended warranty that would make it worth it.

although, you do get roadside assistance w/ the extended :roll:

The price goes up a couple hundred bucks if you wait to buy the extended warranty. If you got it right before the 3 yrs was up, you'd still get the same extra four years in the 7 yr extended warranty, you wouldn't get another 7 yrs (the term listed always is the number of yrs from when first purchased). So it is smart to get it right away when buying the car because at that time it is the cheapest you'll ever be able to buy it for plus you can negotiate it less like I did. I was told the 7yr/75K platinum warranty was $1200 now or $1400 later. I got it for $1100.
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby pantyninja » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:26 pm

I got the platimun plan to 100K bumper to bumper. There is nothing like NOT having to worry about any large out of pocket expenses for another 5 years minimum. The piece of mind is worth the price. Why do it later. Like you are going to back in and say "Hi can I get a warranty on my three year old car" Why bother Just my 2 cents
Rejoice O Young Man in thy Youth

04 SE-V6 sport
Absolutely Red
pantyninja
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5