[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - TRD requests for 04 Solara
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

TRD requests for 04 Solara

TRD requests for 04 Solara

Postby Raven » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:46 pm

I was wanting to get a e-mail link or printed page sent to TRD/Toyota to show what 04 Solara owners want for aftermarket products or suggested improvements from previous products for the Solara. Number one for me is more power with the engine, for example, a more powerful supercharger with more than 4 psi boost making the Solara one of the fastest cars out there. Two, would be a bigger spoiler for aftermarket and third, a carbon fiber shift knob for the auto transmission to match panels in the sport package. Hopefully this topic will be useful marketing information for TRD. Well, have at it, try to keep it practical and tell what you're intrested in buying. I'll leave a post when I send this topic to TRD/Toyota.
Raven
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:18 pm

Suspension kit: springs, struts/shocks, sway bars (front and rear)
Supercharger
Matching guages to match the interior lights
Everything else they have produced for past Solara models.

Postby got sport » Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:20 pm

Anonymous wrote:Suspension kit: springs, struts/shocks, sway bars (front and rear)
Supercharger
Matching guages to match the interior lights
Everything else they have produced for past Solara models.

This was from me.
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: TRD requests for 04 Solara

Postby DavPak » Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:45 am

Raven wrote:I was wanting to get a e-mail link or printed page sent to TRD/Toyota to show what 04 Solara owners want for aftermarket products or suggested improvements from previous products for the Solara. Number one for me is more power with the engine, for example, a more powerful supercharger with more than 4 psi boost making the Solara one of the fastest cars out there. Two, would be a bigger spoiler for aftermarket and third, a carbon fiber shift knob for the auto transmission to match panels in the sport package. Hopefully this topic will be useful marketing information for TRD. Well, have at it, try to keep it practical and tell what you're intrested in buying. I'll leave a post when I send this topic to TRD/Toyota.

geez, give them time at least! the car JUST came out. all the other TRD stuff for gen 1's came out a while after the car did.
don't expect too much either. after all, its not even made in a V6 manual.
'02 Solara S/C'ed V6 5-spd
DavPak
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby got sport » Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:20 am

Raven, I think it's a great idea. The sooner we get TRD's attention, the better. Can't hurt anway...
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby rich » Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:20 pm

Supercharger thank cranks out 300 HP
HID KIT
rich

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:39 pm

rich wrote:HID KIT

Most likely will NOT happen. It may become an option in the 05/6 though... seeing that the projectors are looking GREAT
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Raven » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:23 pm

I know of a couple of companies that have used forums about their product for improvement. I believe Toyota would like to see what their Solara owners would like. If Toyota is willing to offer options like obx racing and carbon fiber panels in their Solara, then I know they would be intrested in the opinions of the people in this forum. I would'nt be surprized that they been reading things on this forum already. Hey, this is probably the perfect time for a joint statement from Solara owners to Toyota's marketing and research, who knows, maybe this might make it to some decision makers at Toyota and we or future owners would like our Solaras better. Can't hurt to try. Maybe we will get a v-6 manual or hid for next year's model to step up to. Just trying to be pro active and thinking about the solara convertible model I might be trading up to next year. Please keep your opinions going.
04 black se v-6 sport
black pearl emblems
Raven
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby got sport » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:27 pm

Yeah I agree. Good job Raven. And don't let anyone on this board stop you or slow you down. We are proud owners of the '04 so we want these things ASAP! We should start a petition of '04 owners, and get the ball rolling. Let me know if you need any help.
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TXSolaraSLE » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:02 pm

not to sound too ricer, but the new spoiler is laughable..at least something that doesnt look like a big fingernail clipping!
'99 Black Solara SLE
18" Mille Miglia Evo5
Yokohama AVS ES100
Indiglo Gauges
Kicker KSR100
K&N Filter
Xenon Headlights & License plate bulbs
TXSolaraSLE
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby HKSV6SLE » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:10 pm

be patient....TRD moves slowly when they make stuff...unless its for sports cars...celica, supra, etc...and even then...still prety slow...
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby pantyninja » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:57 pm

They were pretty quick with the air filter.
Myself I would like to see 19" TRD rims with some super dandy low profile rubber Bridgestone S03's :lol: I saw them on a SCION the other day in the show room and they look killer. Different lug pattern unfortunately or I woulda stolen em. I like the interior neon dress up kit they have for the scions also. It's tacky but cool. Kind of like Hooters

A supercharger obviously would be great. I'm all for it. I'll pay the extra 4K too. With the extra 80-100hp It'll be faster than a 350Z even with the extra wieght I'm Tired of looking at the back of my brother's CL type S 6 speed. They can offer smaller pulleys for those who don't care about warranty issues and want ludicrous speed.

Some exhaust help would be welcome. Thank goodness the aero kit blocks that hideous Camry pipe. Some better sound from under there would really be nice. If toyota touts their IRL and formula 1 so much lets hear it. I know there is good noise being blocked.

HID's are out they have the projecters and they are visciously bright. I accidently looked right at it the other day. Still have a yellow spot in my field of vision.

Suspension would be nice. Some springs for sure. Not too much though. I like the supple ride. Good for winter junk.
Rejoice O Young Man in thy Youth

04 SE-V6 sport
Absolutely Red
pantyninja
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby got sport » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:00 am

Eibach springs are already out for the '04. I'm just waiting for some aftermarket struts/shocks. The SE Sport has sport-tuned shocks, but I don't know if those will be efficient with suspension springs.
<b>'04 V6 SE Sport -Black</b>
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gotsport
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5