[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Performance of 3.3L 2004
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Performance of 3.3L 2004

Performance of 3.3L 2004

Postby all_red » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:27 pm

Hey People,

I have a 2001 V6 5-speed Solara. When the 04 came out, I really didn't like it. I only liked the engine because I thought it was "more powerful". So I went to test drive it and I really liked the interior, but the engine really sucked. I tried the auto at first, then that testronic (if i spelled it right). I pushed it into redline but anyways, my 3.0 felt way faster. Maybe becoz i have a stick and that makes it feel kinda faster. Anyways, I just wanted to know what you guys think about that
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Performance of 3.3L 2004

Postby slingshot » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:45 pm

I'm not sure what was wrong with your 2004 Solara V6 test car but car magazines have tested it and found that the new V6 goes from 0 to 60 in 6.9 sec and the old V6 took 8 seconds. I had an automatic '99 Solara and my new V6 is definitely more powerful. I'm sure the new V6 with automatic matches or beats the performance of the old V6 with manual transmission.

all_red wrote:Hey People,

I have a 2001 V6 5-speed Solara. When the 04 came out, I really didn't like it. I only liked the engine because I thought it was "more powerful". So I went to test drive it and I really liked the interior, but the engine really sucked. I tried the auto at first, then that testronic (if i spelled it right). I pushed it into redline but anyways, my 3.0 felt way faster. Maybe becoz i have a stick and that makes it feel kinda faster. Anyways, I just wanted to know what you guys think about that
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:45 pm

The 3.3 is a lot faster... I've driven both. The torque may be fooling you because you feel slower but you are really going faster... I don't know how to explain it...
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Raven » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:56 pm

Use a clock on your next test drive. There's more preformance there.
04 black se v-6 sport
black pearl emblems
Raven
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Russian Guy » Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:20 pm

definetely 7.1 as known from Toyota USA...
1MZ-FE TRD S/C. 2 BLITZ NUR Spec mufflers. SPA Boost/Fuel + Revotec water/oil/volt gauges. BLITZ Powermeter ID III, Denso IK 22 Iridium, TRD brake lines, TRD rear sway bar, fuel pump upgrade
Russian Guy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5