[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - All Weather 3rd party rubber mats available already
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

All Weather 3rd party rubber mats available already

All Weather 3rd party rubber mats available already

Postby slingshot » Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:16 pm

Here is the link to these mats at AutoCarParts.com.

http://www.autocarparts.com/part/1214/55

If Toyota doesn't come out with the All Weather mats for the 04 Solara in a month or two, I'll probably end up getting these instead. They come in black, gray, or tan. Hope it matches the interior color closely.

Does anyone know of any other websites offering these types of mats or offering front windshield sun shields? I might need to get that too.
Dave
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby slingshot » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:39 pm

I'm a bit wary of getting these now. A friend of mine got the same ones for a Toyota truck and said the rubber smelled bad and he couldn't get rid of the smell. I now think Toyota made all-weather mats are the only way to go but I heard they aren't available until a few more months. :-( If anyone hears otherwise, please let us know.
Dave
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby got sport » Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:02 pm

I got some from pep boys. Don't remember the brand. But they do the job. $40
<b>'04 V6 SE Sport -Black</b>
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gotsport
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

ditto

Postby bigpow » Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:42 pm

gotnoni wrote:I got some from pep boys. Don't remember the brand. But they do the job. $40

I got a set from Pepboys for $29.99 (+tax). -no brand-
The front pair fit just fine, the back short 1" - I won't bother since the back will seldom get passengers anyway.

PS: Same rubber smell - a quick wash helped.
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Hammerli » Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:45 pm

I just bought a 4 mat set from Sam's club for $19.86. Fronts fit great, perimeter can be trimmed to fit around trunk/gas releases without cutting into "reservoir" area (ridge that allows mats to hold some volume of water.) Rear mats are a little small, but since I never have more than two people in the car, that was not a big deal to me.
2000 Celica GT-S 6 speed
2004 Solara SE Sport V6
Black Pearl Emblems
Blizzak WS-50 215/55/17
Hammerli
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby slingshot » Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:42 am

Hammerli,
Do you know the part number of these mats at Sam's club or model number? Are they just generic mats there? Do they come in gray color to match the dark gray interior?
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Buckeyegirl » Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:12 am

I bought a set of the Rubber Queen heavy-duty truck mats for pick-ups and they fit find. They have the deep gutter that goes around the edge to prevent water & stones from rolling off into the carpet. No bad smell either.
Buckeyegirl
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby slingshot » Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:37 am

Buckeyegirl wrote:I bought a set of the Rubber Queen heavy-duty truck mats for pick-ups and they fit find. They have the deep gutter that goes around the edge to prevent water & stones from rolling off into the carpet. No bad smell either.

Is it the model 6992 two piece set that comes in beige, grey, or black? WHich store did you buy them at? I found that model online at Aid Auto. You didn't have to trim them at all? Another model online is the 4 piece Format from Rubber Queen. Did you get that instead?
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Buckeyegirl » Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:51 am

slingshot wrote:
Buckeyegirl wrote:I bought a set of the Rubber Queen heavy-duty truck mats for pick-ups and they fit find. They have the deep gutter that goes around the edge to prevent water & stones from rolling off into the carpet. No bad smell either.

Is it the model 6992 two piece set that comes in beige, grey, or black? WHich store did you buy them at? I found that model online at Aid Auto. You didn't have to trim them at all? Another model online is the 4 piece Format from Rubber Queen. Did you get that instead?

Yes, that is the model #6992. I paid around $20 for the set at a local dept. store. I did not have to trim them at all, they fit good.
Buckeyegirl
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Hammerli » Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:21 pm

slingshot wrote:Hammerli,
Do you know the part number of these mats at Sam's club or model number? Are they just generic mats there? Do they come in gray color to match the dark gray interior?

On my Sam's receipt, item # is 775361 Car Mats $19.86

They are offered in three colors, tan, grey and charcoal. The charcoal is the dark grey that matches the interior of my SE Sport almost perfectly. They required very little trimming, and fit extremely well for non vehicle specific mats. If you like, I can send you a picture. I don't have a website to link to or I'd post them here.
2000 Celica GT-S 6 speed
2004 Solara SE Sport V6
Black Pearl Emblems
Blizzak WS-50 215/55/17
Hammerli
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby slingshot » Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:21 pm

Did you buy at Sam's Club? On the Sam's Club website, there are no car mats sold at all.
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Hammerli » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:05 am

slingshot wrote:Did you buy at Sam's Club? On the Sam's Club website, there are no car mats sold at all.

I bought them at my local retail store.
2000 Celica GT-S 6 speed
2004 Solara SE Sport V6
Black Pearl Emblems
Blizzak WS-50 215/55/17
Hammerli
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5