[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - What do you use to dry off your car?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

What drying material works best for you?

Natural Chamois
18%
Synthetic Chamois
9%
Diaper
9%
100% USA-made cotton towels
27%
"The Absorber"
36%
other method (please describe in a post)
No votes

Total votes : 11

What do you use to dry off your car?

What do you use to dry off your car?

Postby fotodad » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:25 pm

I have been experimenting with various materials to dry off my Solara. I'd be curious to know what works best for you folks. So far I've tried natural chamois, synthetic chamois, diapers, 100% USA-made cotton towels, and "The Absorber."

I've found the natural chamois to be the best regarding absorbancy and non-streaking. But they wear out easily and are EXPENSIVE.

"The Absorber" seems to be the best of both worlds. Extremely absorbant, tends to streak, strong, and not too expensive.

Your thoughts...
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby bigpow » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:32 pm

The Absorber for me.
$6.99 at local Target (YMMV)
Coupled with some paper towels to wipe the streaks.
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Shoe » Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:45 am

just did this yesterday funny you should mention i have a fake chamy but b4 i start that i have a squeegee ( same as the kind at the gas station but on a broom handle) and a run the rubber over the top and the trunk cause thats where the water really piles up and i dont have to squeeze the chammy out as much thereafter.

BUT B4 I START I ALWAYS RINSE THE RUBBER dont want any lil rocks on there sticking and scratching my surface.

oh ya i thought id add that once when i was visiting a friend i saw her neighbour using a LEAF BLOWER :o to dry off his car looked kinda funny but i guess it works.

shoe
Shoe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby got sport » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:17 am

The Absorber is the best.
<b>'04 V6 SE Sport -Black</b>
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gotsport
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby fotodad » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:08 pm

Shoe wrote:LEAF BLOWER

I've heard good things about drying a car this way. You may look a bit foolish, but if it saves on swirls, streaks, and small scratches, I'm all for it!
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Yanks0114 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:24 pm

Do not use the California Waterblade!!! It works well but will scratch your car. I only use it for the windows now

I love the absorber
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby slingshot » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:31 am

Yanks0114 wrote:Do not use the California Waterblade!!! It works well but will scratch your car. I only use it for the windows now

I love the absorber

I read that you should wipe down the California waterblade with a terry cloth after every sweep to prevent any scratching and that works fine. I see the Absorber selling for 11.99 on the Internet. Does Target really carry it for less? And is it easy to squeeze out the water? Doing that with a chamois is a pain.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby fotodad » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:41 am

slingshot wrote:I see the Absorber selling for 11.99 on the Internet. Does Target really carry it for less? And is it easy to squeeze out the water? Doing that with a chamois is a pain.

The most I've ever seen the Absorber selling for is $17.95 at AutoZone. The least I've ever seen it was $9.95 at Walmart.

I use the same method to squeeze water from the Absorber that I used when I used chamois. It's maybe a tad easier with the Absorber, but not much.

Good idea using the California Blade for windows. I'll bet it leaves them spot and streak free!
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Target or Walmart

Postby bigpow » Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:21 pm

I bought my absorber at my local Walmart for $8.29
The next day I saw it at my local Target for sale at $6.99
I was bumped!
(at least) My local Target store carries more stuffs with less price!

Go check your local Target/Walmart folks.

PS: I'm not affiliated with Target
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5