[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - MPG for 2004 solara
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

MPG for 2004 solara

MPG for 2004 solara

Postby jim1974 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:15 am

Everytime I fill up my tank, when i think its completely drained, i can put in 15.5 to 16 gallons max. I thought it was a 18.6 gallon tank? Also, I drive my 2004 solara V6 se 90% highway for work and it only seems like i'm getting 23 MPG. anyone else get better gas mileage then that?
jim1974
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby slingshot » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:26 am

My 2004 SLE V6 showed 11 miles left on the tank and I was able to add 15 gallons so I assumed that 3.5 gallons were still in the tank. The pointer was almost at the letter E and the low gas light had just turned on. Where was yours pointing and how far did you drive after the light came on? Maybe you still had a few gallons left like I did. Most other cars still have at least a couple gallons left when pointing to empty and low gas light just turning on.

As for gas mileage I got 28 and 33 mpg on pure highway recently and am getting high teens to low twenties on almost pure city stop and go driving. If you look at instantaneous mpg numbers you'll see mpg depends heavily on how much you accelerate. If you are driving on the highway constantly changing lanes and accelerating around other people your mileage will be far less than if you are keeping a near constant speed with very little acceleration.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:33 am

the E light goes on usually when you have 2 or so gallons left... it's a safety thing!! What use would the light be if you had no gas? lol =P

The tank is 18.5 gallons so it's best to fill around 1/4 tank as a precaution... but doing it AS SOON AS the E light turns on is ok... but if it goes on you should start looking for a place to fill up... you shouldn't doddle around running errands until it's completely drained... I think it damages the injectors or something... iono =x
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby jim1974 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:36 am

The gauge read 5 miles left when i filled up, and I rode it on the warning light (E) for about 25 miles. 15.67 gallons. Basically a tank gives me 350 miles, and i just divided the 350 by 15 to get 23 MPG. If it truly is 18 gallons, then im getting less then 20 mpg highway. When looking at the instantaneous guage Im usually seeing 28-29 crusing. I usually go around 85-90 and althought this should decrease gas mileage, i dont think it should make that much of a difference....it didnt in my old 240sx.....Oh well just wanted to see what everyone else got, and wether or not anyone has confirmed, that from the initial yellow light indicator wether or not you still have 3.5 gallons left.
jim1974
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby slingshot » Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:55 pm

I was only driving 65-75mph on my run. If you were doing 85+, was it at a constant speed or lots of coasting and accelerating? Like I said, any acceleration cuts mpg. If you saw 28-29 instantaneous mpg over a long period there is no way your avg mpg would not be close to that. Are you sure you zeroed out your avg mpg reading before starting out? You have to hold the steering wheel button in for a few seconds to zero out the reading. Did you know that? If you didn't do that, the avg mpg reading could have included city mileage done before that highway trip.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

The '04 Sol has no V-6 manual shift option..................

Postby ezshift5 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:07 am

.........so my '00 SE-V6 clutch-type lives on.

For the record department (honest):

I filled up NNW of Bend, Or (19F), drove (about 60 mph) to Redding, CA. ...........282 miles on 7.5 gallons of 87 octane.

I did not realize the top two gears on the manual shift trans are BOTH
overdrives................

I'm saving my Naval Reserve pay for one of those new diesels.....ez
ezshift5
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SportGuy » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:41 am

I have the SE sport with V6 and I am averaging about 26MPG with city/hiway combined. I am using regular unleaded gas. So far, it is pretty good.
04 Solara SE Sport
Absolutely Red
Fast and Fun!!
SportGuy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5