[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - My Dealership Experience: Did i get it good?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

My Dealership Experience: Did i get it good?

My Dealership Experience: Did i get it good?

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:15 pm

Solara SE Sport... at first i said i wanted SE black/black, but it only comes with sport.. so yea.
i dont think there were any options except i think the standard ones that normally come with it.. like... floor mats

Price: 20,800. thats what the guy said the invoice was (then pointed to his handy dandy sheet). it includes transportation, etc.
OTD price including tax/license was around 23k. how was this deal?
this was at piercey toyota btw.

before i went to piercey, i went to fremont auto mall toyota and talked to the fleet manager there. now i called him before and he said he can offer me 1-2% above invoice.. and when we sit down at the table, he says his offer is 400 dollars above invoice. Now thats just more than doubled than what he told me over the phone, and then he points to the invoice price, and thats 20.3k. for a SE solara, non-sport.

do these dealership invoices vary, like do they make up their own prices to have customers feel that they're getting the lowest price possible?

Postby SKYravefever » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:47 pm

Let me get this straight. Piercey was offering you the SE Sport, while Fremont was offering the SE? If that's the case, then the invoice prices oughta to be different. Check out edmunds.com for invoice pricing. Might want to include auto/manual, i4/v6, etc.
SKYravefever
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:07 pm

yeah i've checked invoice pricing. both lower than the invoice prices said at both dealerships.

Postby HKSV6SLE » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:40 pm

i think consumer reports has s thing that you can buy from their website that will tell you the exact invocie for any particular car..if i were you i would drive a hard bargain and say that you will only pay 100 over the invoice...
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:49 pm

the thing is that he said 20.8k WAS the invoice price and thats what im paying.

Postby HKSV6SLE » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:22 am

ask to see the actual invoice :P
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby onefiend » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:12 am

is this a V6 or i4 we are talkin about? 23k for a an i4 would be too much, but 23k for a v6 would be a good price.
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:43 am

it was i4... damn...

Postby slingshot » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:04 am

Guest,
Why don't you join as a member and sign in?
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby LunarMistGray » Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:31 pm

To the orginal poster; getting anything below or at invoice is very difficult for a brand new 04 car. The only way they will give you below/at invoice is if the dealer figures they can make up the loss in profit from someone else. I got mine for $500 below invoice, but even with that the dealer still made a profit. Also, I was trading in a car so that is why I got $500 below. For the dealer it all boils down to how much of a profit they are willing to give up when selling a car.
LunarMistGray
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5