[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Alarms?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Alarms?

Alarms?

Postby Lynette » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:29 pm

I just bought my new '04 Solara yesterday (but i won't be picking it up until 12/23 :( ) Does this car come with some type of factory alarm or will I need to get one? If I need one, any suggestions on what type? Thanks!
Lynette
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby JadedEMOlush » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:40 pm

The SLE comes with a standard alarm, and if you paid for it a "glass breakage" sensor.

Why do you have to wait until the end of December to pick up your car??? That stinks!
JadedEMOlush
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby slingshot » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:42 pm

My SLE came with a factory alarm. I was told it was active but it seems to be passive which is better. After a short amount of time the door locks lock by themselves. My '99 Solara's alarm that was extra didn't even do that. I have to read the manual and/or test it out myself to see what else it does. They told me it has motion but I doubt it. Anyone else know exactly what the factory alarm gives us?
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby TW85 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:07 pm

Unless you paid extra for the glass breakage sensor, the factory system is a perimeter alarm only.
TW85
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Lynette » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:18 pm

I have to wait until 12/23 to pick it up because they ordered it and they said it will be here in a few weeks, but i will be in europe for 3 weeks, so i am going to pick it up the day after i get back, i dont' care how tired i am, i can't wait to get it!!! I got the SE V-6 in red :D
Lynette
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5