[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Poll on left drifting problem - please contribute
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Do you have the left drift problem?

No, not at all.
12%
Very slight drift, not enough to bother me.
41%
I have some drift and will take it in to the dealer to fix.
6%
I have had drift and had it fixed at the dealer and I'm satisfied.
6%
I have had drift and took it to the dealer but still not fixed yet!
35%

Total votes : 17

Poll on left drifting problem - please contribute

Poll on left drifting problem - please contribute

Postby slingshot » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:10 pm

Let's see just how many are having this problem and to what depth.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

mod

Postby bigpow » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:23 pm

Mod, if you're reading this - can you escalate this to the press (if the sample size is significant enough)?
Maybe it'll expedite the fix
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Blazed04 » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:58 pm

My car has been down there 3 times already for the same problem. If its not fixed by monday when they told me it would be ready, im either getting a refund or the IS300 they have on the lot. Im sick of all this Toyota run around bullsh*t! SO by connecticut lemon law, im required to get a full refund or a brand new car of my choice, seeing as i wouldnt get another 04 solara since most of them are having this problem.
Lunar Mist '04 SE Sport V6
2001 GSXR 750

Blazed04
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby slingshot » Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:50 pm

Blazed04 wrote: I wouldnt get another 04 solara since most of them are having this problem.

That is quite a stretch coming to this conclusion based on the posts here in the past and the response so far to this poll. In addition, usually people speak up only when they have problems so car forums tend to show many more posts of problems than posts of praise. In addition, people posting on car forums tend to be enthusiasts that are very particular. I put up this poll to see just how prevalent this left drifting problem really is. So far, it looks like a very infrequent occurrence. Let's see how this poll goes over the next week before making a conclusion.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5