[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - MAJOR ? - 2004 Solara SE Sport vs Accord LX V6
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

MAJOR ? - 2004 Solara SE Sport vs Accord LX V6

Postby TW85 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:02 am

A Honda forum is not a rival site. :P
TW85
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby xjDmb16a2Six » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:45 pm

i got a 03 accord coupe I4 and i really like it. was about to get a 2000 solara before the accord but things changed. but yea accord are nice and i never had any problems. the 04 solara are really nice too. if your into luxury get the solara. the interiors looks better than accords and it got more options. if you get the LX v6 get the OEM kit. makes it looks way better. but yea accords are nice cars and solara too
xjDmb16a2Six
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby hari-bhari » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:01 am

if you are looking for a better daily driver, with good acceleration off the line (cuz it has more torque), a very nice and classy interior (which honda will never match), stick with the solara, .
on the other hand, if you like having your engine revving high a lot of the times, and want better cornering ability, dont care too much about the interior, then stick with the accord.

and yes, ive read about 04' solaras pulling to the left and what-not, but thats much less serious than transmission failures...
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby bigpow » Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:28 am

Toyota is a Mercedes as Honda is to BMW?
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby hari-bhari » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:31 pm

bigpow wrote:Toyota is a Mercedes as Honda is to BMW?

depends on which model ur lookin at really. mercedes are generally more luxurious while bmw is more performance-oriented. but mercedes does have some models like the clk, sl, and cl (and the AMG line) that would prolly whoop most BMW's collective rear-ends.
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby VirtualSlayer » Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:42 pm

hrm... then that meanz i should get a damn Honda... lol :x

Gonna rip off all the H's and put BMW logo

j/k
VirtualSlayer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

funny

Postby bigpow » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:07 am

Toyota had the Supra TT (which would kick any Honda at any time - except NSX?)
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:37 pm

Edmunds rates the Solara .3 higher.

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:56 pm

another option would be to just buy a used v6 5s solara. supercharge it, get the trd body kit, lower it with coilovers(tein or jic) then get those headers from jp performance and there u go... a way better performing car than either one... plus this should run you less than 26k.

Postby xjDmb16a2Six » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:42 am

hari_trivedi wrote: dont care too much about the interior, then stick with the accord.

dude have you seen the accord interior???? it looks better than most car. it just doesnt have the luxury look compare to the solara. but i still think its nice.

bigpow wrote:Toyota had the Supra TT (which would kick any Honda at any time - except NSX?)

SUpra TT spank NSX anyday.
xjDmb16a2Six
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby all_red » Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:08 pm

Anonymous wrote:another option would be to just buy a used v6 5s solara. supercharge it, get the trd body kit, lower it with coilovers(tein or jic) then get those headers from jp performance and there u go... a way better performing car than either one... plus this should run you less than 26k.

This guy gotta point!!! I'm 18 and if I were you, I'd get whats suggested. That would probably add up to 20grands. and I can use the extra 5grands to rebuild the engine and run something like 10psi and smoke eveybody's azz on this board.... 8)
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5