[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Mounted Michelin Pilot A/S! Yikes, that's close!
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Mounted Michelin Pilot A/S! Yikes, that's close!

Mounted Michelin Pilot A/S! Yikes, that's close!

Postby fotodad » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:51 pm

I finally got the Michelin Pilot A/S installed on my 04 Solara. But i have a concern. I spoke to the tire dealer about it and I spoke to my Toyota dealership about it and both told me not to worry. But I want to go the extra mile and see what you folks think.

After I picked up the car and drove it home, I had a chance to look more closely at the tires. This is when I noticed there is very little room between the tire and shock assembly on the back tires. See this link for a picture.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fotodad1958/lst?.dir=/Michelin+Pilot

Since the "so-called" experts say I shouldn't worry, should I still? The factory tires are 215/55-17. The Michelins that I had installed are 225/55-17. I checked some tire-sizing websites and all basically showed that the two tires are almost identical in size. I wish I remembered how close the factory tires came to this assembly. I will be rating the Michelins on a different thread. Please give me your thoughts: "Don't worry about it." Or, "Don't drive that car until you get a smaller tire on that car!!"

Thanks!
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5