[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - traction control system beeps
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

traction control system beeps

traction control system beeps

Postby Shoe » Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:54 am

why do all my posts seem to come with a story?

Ok i was comming home late 1 night down the hwy in the oncomming lanes i could see an accident holding up traffic. We had our first snowfall the snow didnt really cover anything but it was a lil slick.

The hwy stretch is straight with an onciomming gradual slope unfortunatly you can not see whats at the bottom of this slope until you get to where it begins to actually slope. ( basically i cant see whats at the bottom of the hill till i get to the crest of the hill) I was driving below the speed limit and there it was halfway down the slope an accident the car ahead of me was moving slow the accident as i came closer was 2 accidents 1 on each side of the roadway there was maybe 1 and a half lanes open to squeeze threw.

heres the problem with the limited space to continue driving threw the guyy ahead of me was going slower than i was and if i hit the brakes i knew id skid i could feel it would happen even if i turned the wheels.

So on come the brakes and on comes the skid control BEEEEEPP BEEEEEP BEEEEP BEEEEP GEESH NOW I HAVE A FULL SCALE ALWARM in my car going off as my back ends swerving a bit as i try to slow down b4 i hit buddy going too slow.

Long winded story short buddy sped up once he cleared the accident area he was probably slowing down for a look JUST GO ASSS. The skid control kept me in a reasonable straight line panic was minimised and i cleared the bottle neck of hwy as well.

that beeping shure dosent help a panic situation though ( not that i was panicing all that much but i think you get my point)

just a heads up if you go skidding you will hear alarms

shoe
Shoe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JadedEMOlush » Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:38 pm

sounds like it worked like a charm. Its nice to know that the system alerts you when the VSC starts to take over...
JadedEMOlush
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5