[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Stupid Cupholder Question
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Stupid Cupholder Question

Stupid Cupholder Question

Postby Prophet » Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:18 pm

One of my friends insists that the cupholder in my SLE is missing some sort of insert and that it's just an open space which holds nothing.

Can someone describe theirs or point me to a picture so I have an idea what it's suppossed to look like?

-Prophet
Prophet
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mole » Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:10 pm

??? perhaps you can provide a picture of what area of the car you are talking about.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Re: Stupid Cupholder Question

Postby slingshot » Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:22 pm

Prophet wrote:One of my friends insists that the cupholder in my SLE is missing some sort of insert and that it's just an open space which holds nothing.

Can someone describe theirs or point me to a picture so I have an idea what it's suppossed to look like?

-Prophet

No extra insert is needed. The openings for cups are flexible to accomodate different size cups like in most cars. Your friend doesn't know what he is talking about sounds like.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby got sport » Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:49 pm

Is he referring to the rubber teeth that act as grips to hold the cup? That's the only thing in my SE Sport cup holder.
Last edited by got sport on Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<b>'04 V6 SE Sport -Black</b>
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gotsport
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TW85 » Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:51 pm

TW85
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Prophet » Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:26 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.

I went to the dealer near me to take a look at a Solara on the lot. My car is missing the folding plastic/rubber teeth piece. Just an empty space with nothing to hold the cups in place.

--Prophet
Prophet
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Hammerli » Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:55 pm

Prophet wrote:Thanks for the replies guys.

I went to the dealer near me to take a look at a Solara on the lot. My car is missing the folding plastic/rubber teeth piece. Just an empty space with nothing to hold the cups in place.

--Prophet

I'm sure you have checked, but that piece is attached to the door, and has to be manually pivoted down to be visible. I suppose if you were in the driver's seat, and opened the door, with the piece swiveled up you would not be able to see it. Just a thought, you might want to see if it is against the bottom of the door.
2000 Celica GT-S 6 speed
2004 Solara SE Sport V6
Black Pearl Emblems
Blizzak WS-50 215/55/17
Hammerli
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby bigpow » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:08 am

Prophet wrote:Thanks for the replies guys.

--Prophet

Wow... no surprise there!
Just make sure it didn't miss anything else...
Welcome to the club my SLE brother!
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Prophet » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:27 pm

I'm sure you have checked, but that piece is attached to the door, and has to be manually pivoted down to be visible.

Thanks! I checked...no piece. My dealer will have the part in 3 weeks, or so they say. I'll believe that when I see it.

Wow... no surprise there!
Just make sure it didn't miss anything else...
Welcome to the club my SLE brother!

Thanks Bigpow! So far all looks to be as it should be. I feel kinda stupid about this because I spent 3 weeks complaining about how useless the cupholder was and it just never hit me that maybe it was missing something until my friend spoke up.
Prophet
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5