[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Thinking of a Solara purchase...
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Thinking of a Solara purchase...

Thinking of a Solara purchase...

Postby ofthahook » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:20 pm

I've always owned Honda/Acura stuff (accord, prelude, integra), but I'm feeling the Solara now. I read the FAQ even. I do NOT care for the '04 design at all. Looks very Hyundai-ish to me. I like the Accord coupes 98-02, but I think the Solara looks a tiny bit sportier. So here are some questions...

What is considered 2nd generation? I like the 2000, 2001 body styles (probably because that's what I have seen the most)

Do all SLE V6's have moonroofs, climate control, power seats, spoiler, ABS, leather??

The traction control (which includes 16" rims I believe) and gold badges are options on the SLE V6's??

Any issues on the 1999-2002 Solaras SLE V6's that are MAJOR-- ie, automatic transmission failure, head gasket blowing, etc.??

These engines are not interference? What is the timing belt interval?

Anything else would be appreciated! Again, I'm only familiar with Hondas but I think Toyota is just as good. Thanks for any knowledge and guidelines so I can make a good purchase!
ofthahook

Postby Hammerli » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:58 am

The body you don't like is 2nd gen, as listed directly under the link you clicked on to post this "Talk about the Generation 2 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004."

So you may want to move this to the other forum, since right under that heading it says "Talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003." :roll:
2000 Celica GT-S 6 speed
2004 Solara SE Sport V6
Black Pearl Emblems
Blizzak WS-50 215/55/17
Hammerli
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:35 am

Hammerli wrote:The body you don't like is 2nd gen, as listed directly under the link you clicked on to post this "Talk about the Generation 2 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004."

So you may want to move this to the other forum, since right under that heading it says "Talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003." :roll:

I sure did miss that. My bad. If a mod. wants to move this, I'd be fine with it. I just dropped the ball on this post.

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5