[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - How to DIY Oil change?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

How to DIY Oil change?

How to DIY Oil change?

Postby Bbc84 » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:32 am

How hard is it to do an Oil Change on a 04' Solara V6 SLE?

This is my brothers car so I dont know anything about toyota as I have a Accord V6 myself.

All I found in the manual was it needs 4.7 qts of oil for the oil change. i do not know the location of the filter or the drain bolt. ( I have not looked under the car yet) So any general refence points that can be given would be nice.

I plan on just picking up an oil filter from the dealer, since i dont know if there are any filters out for this car yet.
Bbc84
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: How to DIY Oil change?

Postby Buckeyegirl » Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:50 pm

Bbc84 wrote:I plan on just picking up an oil filter from the dealer, since i dont know if there are any filters out for this car yet.

Check out the post "Oil filters", it list some of the aftermarket filters available.
Buckeyegirl
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Buckeyegirl » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:25 pm

Just turned 3K miles, and my husband did the first oil change. I now have 5qts. of Mobil 1 flowing through it's arteries. He said it was pretty easy, just don't try removing the oil filter when hot because it sits right under the front exhaust manifold (V-6) and you could get burnt. :D
Buckeyegirl
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5