[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Toyota Recommends left pull fix to my Dealership
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Toyota Recommends left pull fix to my Dealership

Toyota Recommends left pull fix to my Dealership

Postby Animal » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:18 am

My dealer's service department just called and said that they "received word from Toyota" (over the phone) on how to fix the drift problem. Service manager stated they had been on the phone with "Toyota in California" and do NOT have a written TSB in hand yet - but he expects this will most likely lead to one being written "soon".

They have been advised to "drop" both struts, rotate each spring plate 20 degrees CCW and re-attach struts. He does not know if that will involve drilling new holes in the spring plates. Estimated several hours to complete.

Service dept. has a different customers 04 Solara scheduled in this Friday to do the first one. I told him I am waiting to see how a couple of these go before I bring my car in for experimentation. He is going to try schedule several more (not mine yet!) and have those drivers report back their experiences.... I'll keep ya posted.

From www.toyota.com/about/operations/na-affiliates/ :

SALES & SERVICE

Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
Headquartered in Torrance, California. Regional sales offices in California, Colorado, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Jersey, Ohio, and Oregon. Private distributor offices in Florida and Texas. Established in 1957.

TMS, Toyota’s U.S. sales and marketing arm, oversees sales and other Toyota operations in 49 states. TMS regional offices coordinate Toyota vehicle sales, service and parts for dealers in 10 regional areas, with two additional regions being served by private distributors. There are 1,202 Toyota dealers located throughout the U.S.
2004 Solara SE V6 Sport Coupe
Black/Black
35% tint
Partially debadged
http://members.cardomain.com/04solara
Animal
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5