[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 04 Solara Sport Audio Options
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

04 Solara Sport Audio Options

04 Solara Sport Audio Options

Postby louie » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:34 am

I was just wondering if anyone has upgraded the audio in their car.

I was thinking about installing an FM Modulator to hook up my IPOD to instead of using the ITrip. Do I need to purchase antannae adapters? Also has anyone looked into changing the receiver? If this is done do the controls on the stereo still work or has anyone changed out the stock speakers at all.

Your help is appreciated.
louie
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

nope

Postby bigpow » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:10 pm

No.
I'm using a Belkin FM transmitter with my Philips MP3 CD-player.
It works fine.

There are at least a dozen FM transmitters outthere (carstar $9, griffin tech., etc.)

Just make sure you are aware that you'll loose some bass & highs (FM frequency: 40Hz - 18KHz)
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby louie » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:03 am

Has anyone replaced the stock head unit on a 2004? Do the steering wheel controls work with any after markets. I would really like a better head unit but I don't want to lose the functionality of my steering wheel controls and do I need any convertors for the antannae or to plug the head unit?

I guess the bigger question is does the 2004 stereo stuff resemble the 2003 stuff or is it totally different?
louie
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby biggie » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:18 pm

No, the steering wheel controls wouldn't work, and nor would your stacker. I wanted to buy a new deck but in the end I wanted the steering wheel controls and the stacker.
2004 Solara SE V6 Sport:
Black/Black
18" Lexani Krystal Wheels
Xenon Lights
35% Tint
biggie
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5