[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Weak Interior lighting when headlights on
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Weak Interior lighting when headlights on

Postby glenb » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:31 am

If I understand the situation - there is a knob that sticks out from the speedometer that turns to adjust the brightness of the panel lights.
2004 SLE V6
Desert Sand Mica/Ivory
glenb
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby slingshot » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:14 am

Why not just keep the headlight settings to AUTO? I do that and everything is fine. Why would you set the headlights to the ON position ever anyway?
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby technole » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:54 am

slingshot wrote:Why not just keep the headlight settings to AUTO? I do that and everything is fine. Why would you set the headlights to the ON position ever anyway?

When its raining in daylight, especially when you live in a state that requires headlights to be on if one is going to use the wipers in rain.
technole
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby slingshot » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:14 am

Ok, that's a good idea of when you need to use it but that happens a minority of the time.
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: Auto

Postby slingshot » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:48 pm

lateralus wrote:So let me get this straight...you drive with AUTO on all the time, even at night? You dont care that your foglights are off and dont notice any weaker external lighting while driving? I'm just curious.

Yes, I never move my headlight control from AUTO. I keep my foglights on always but they only do go on when headlights are on so no problems there. The headlights work fine in AUTO at night, AUTO only means the light sensor turns them on fully when it starts getting dark which is always plenty of time before it is dark anyway. I don't notice weak internal or external lighting when driving ever, day or night. Check the manual about the AUTO setting. It's awesome. I never have to remember to turn lights on or off. When I shut off the car and lock the car with the remote, the headlights go off on a timer (something like 15 seconds or so). If I want to immediately have them off, all I do is hit the lock button on the remote twice quickly. The first press locks the doors, the second press immediately kills the lights before the timer.
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby TW85 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:37 pm

The Solara's interior lights do dim a little more than other cars but not by much. I've grown used to it as I always drive with my lights on.

AUTO mode drives me nuts. My neighborhood has open roads with trees on each side and then areas where the trees have grown over the road. Lights turn on, lights turn off; it becomes irritating.
Moved on to better things...
TW85
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5