[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - P0330 Code comes and goes ??
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

P0330 Code comes and goes ??

P0330 Code comes and goes ??

Postby wiz2 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:22 pm

Okay after I got back from NOPI last week. My CEL came on. That thursday before that I installed the Jim's Fuel Delivery Upgrade. No CEL all weekend with numerous "spirited driving moments".
Now the CEL didnt come on until monday morning when the exterior temp showed 62 degrees. Here's the kicker. I was driving home from work and it just goes off ! It stayed off for 2 days. Then it come back on, on the way to work last thursday. I get it scanned and the code comes up P0330 and reads that its not the sensor,but a poor connection. I wiggled all the vac hoses and check all the plastic connectors and it goes off. After minimal driving all weekend, it comes on again this morning on my way to work. Again temps were in the 60's.
I truly think its a connection or vac tube...I've seen some w/ hairline cracks. I need some silicone replacements.(Wasnt there a link for that?)

Why would it come on and off if the sensor was truly gone??

Thanks in advance for the input.

Also when the CEL is on I lose no boost and the car actually feels stronger ???

Mods:Charger,5.5 Pulley,RMM intake,Jim's Fuel delivery upgrade,TRD exhaust(aesthetic mod)
06 DG G35 Sedan 6 MT
motordybe spacer|stillen tube|MRR GT 1 19x8.5,19x9.5 Toyo T1R's
wiz2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 808Camry » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:10 pm

The sensor goes into retard mode when blown. I works and doesn't work, no real way to explain it only fix is to replace it.
808Camry
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wiz2 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:13 am

Turned the car on in the garage this am...the CEL goes off :-? . Stayed off for the entire 20 mile ride to work. Got on it a couple of time to max boost and still no CEL.

I'm gonna upgrade to silicone hoses,upgrade the thermostat, and make sure all the connectors are secure and see how it goes. If the code comes back ans stays I'll rewire or get a new one. I'm gonna re dyno next month to see how the graphs look.
06 DG G35 Sedan 6 MT
motordybe spacer|stillen tube|MRR GT 1 19x8.5,19x9.5 Toyo T1R's
wiz2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Fletch » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:58 pm

That's not what mine did. My car would go into retard mode and after an ignition cycle it would be back to normal but the P330 code stayed current, it didn't go to history, I had to turn it off with a OBDII diagnostic tool.

I have been running with the knock sensors rewired for about 6 months and no more codes. I just ordered the fuel upgrade too.
2006 Legacy GT spec.B

(Totaled) '99 SE V6, TRD S/C, 5.5 psi Pulley, Jim's Fuel Upgrade, TRD Shortshifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Lightweight Flywheel, Tokico / Eibach, TRD RSB, 2.5" Custom Y-Pipe, Greddy Cat-Back
Fletch
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction