[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Higher than 4 pounds of boost on the 1MZ? Shakey.
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Higher than 4 pounds of boost on the 1MZ? Shakey.

Postby Paladin06Greg » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:49 pm

:-? Hummm, could be a fuel delivey problem.. Hey where did you get your light weight flywheel??
:-?
sleepin2000 wrote:I already have had the knock sensor problem and I'm only running 4psi.
Paladin06Greg
Torqued Solara
Torqued Solara

Postby ChargedSolara » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:35 am

Fletch wrote:I haven't heard of anybody having compression issues with 5.5 or 6 psi, especially using 93 octane gas, if somebody has, please speak up.

We already know the knock sensor issued start with 5.5psi so maybe it's not even safe for long term reliability.

have not had knock sensor problems, been running with 5.5 psi for a while with s-afc II and jims' fuel upgrade..crossing my fingers still.
2008 C6 LS3
ChargedSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby I4 to V6 Swap » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:54 am

I haven't posted in a while, and have been reading everywhere about what the max boost is for stock. Most of the experienced people say 5.5 to 6psi on stock internals. I hope we see some people who have run these for a while without a problem. I hope they post. I think we should also take into account if there were exhaust and intake mods. I have been playing with my supercharger at 4psi, and it ran pretty well, just a little rich on everything stock because everyone that watch me from behind could see the black smoke, and we were wiping off the soot from the tail pipe. I recently changed the exhaust, headers back with the JPP package. The car seemed to have lost some power. I am installing the rest of my fuel mod today, and I hope the power will return. I feel I was really stupid for changing the exhaust before the fuel because I think I am running really lean now. Now because of eveyone's posts, I am afraid to put the 6psi pulley on.

So for those who have been running on 5.5-6, are you running with stock exhaust and intake too? For those who ran 7 or more and had problems did you have modifications to intake and exhaust?

Thanks
I4 to V6 Swap
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby JoeB » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:13 am

I went from 4psi to 6,7 then 8psi with problems starting at 7psi. As far as other modifications too many to list but it does include intake and exhaust, check my CarDomain page. The thing I'd be worried about is, unless people actually do a compression check, they won't know if they have damaged the ring lands or not. Like I mentioned, my car still ran well. Even running 14.2 at the track beating a Corvette and a 72 SS Nova. The only way I knew there was a problem is KNOWING it should have been quicker and doing he compression check. -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Paladin06Greg » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:18 am

8) Yes JoeB but, just like my car that was running fine, with some degraded performance, we both had significant oil and pressure venting from the engine oil vent tube. :( That is a definite indicator of internal failure. Do you not agree? :-?

Also just how rich or lean you run the fuel delivery is on significant importance and I got the parts to prove it..

JoeB wrote:I went from 4psi to 6,7 then 8psi with problems starting at 7psi. As far as other modifications too many to list but it does include intake and exhaust, check my CarDomain page. The thing I'd be worried about is, unless people actually do a compression check, they won't know if they have damaged the ring lands or not. Like I mentioned, my car still ran well. Even running 14.2 at the track beating a Corvette and a 72 SS Nova. The only way I knew there was a problem is KNOWING it should have been quicker and doing he compression check. -JoeB
Paladin06Greg
Torqued Solara
Torqued Solara

Previous

Return to Forced Induction