[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - A/F sensor?
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

A/F sensor?

A/F sensor?

Postby Turbosolara » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:36 am

how long does your A/F sensor last? For people who is running higher boost without any piggyback ecu, does your CEL come out often?

my car often throw me CEL light with "Bank 1 Oxygen sensor circuit malfunction", i have no clue how to fix it. I can clear it with my OBD scanner but it would come back after couple hundred miles.

do I suppose replace my sensor?
or it was caused by wide range of A/F ratio movement?
or just because my exhaust temperature is too hot? (500 C to 800 C), with fullboost might reach to 1000 c but rarely happen
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby Fenix » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:02 am

Back then after getting boosted for a few hour, I got the same problem with the Bank 1 Oxygen sensor. I used the OBD-2 to clear it as well, but it kept coming back. And after I replaced with the new O2 sensor, it was good to go.

I guess you have to replace it. The cost for it at dealer is around 150 something, but if you know someone who works at the Toyota dealer, it would be around 80ish..

Btw, i was just running with 4lbl psi.
R.I.P baby.
Here come the black on black 5spds. New era....
Fenix
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:50 am

have you ever reset your ecu after getting the turbo?

take out the big brown fuse in the fuse box. then disconnect your battery for 10 minutes.

reinstall the brown fuse then reconnect the battery

it reset the ecu and it'll take a lil while for it to adjust back to your driving style (i heard 6 tanks... but in experience, it's only 3 tanks)
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Turbosolara » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:33 pm

Jackass-Jeff wrote:have you ever reset your ecu after getting the turbo?

take out the big brown fuse in the fuse box. then disconnect your battery for 10 minutes.

reinstall the brown fuse then reconnect the battery

it reset the ecu and it'll take a lil while for it to adjust back to your driving style (i heard 6 tanks... but in experience, it's only 3 tanks)

I never take out the fuse, but i diconnected my battery many many times. usually my car would spend 10 mintues to adjust itself that it would drop the rpm to 200 (almost stall) and keep going up slowly. it will hit 700rpm at exactly 10 minute.

jeff, is the A/F sensor for toyota are universal (89467-xxxxx) or they are all model specific?

the one i have in hand right now is 89467-33011. I have not install it yet because i scare my car will keep the good $150 sensor again. but if it is really like fenix say it will fix the problem, then i think i just going to swap it.

But Fenix, was your code is oxygen sensor circuit malfunction or just simply sensor malfunction?
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby Turbosolara » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:46 pm

btw, i just checked the code is P0136
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:11 pm

pm me your email. ill email your the diagnosis stepos for the 5S.
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Return to Forced Induction