[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Looking for quieter fuel pump
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Looking for quieter fuel pump

Looking for quieter fuel pump

Postby cdssolara » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:48 pm

What types of aftermarket fuel pumps are people using? I've got a Walbro 190 lph pump, which works fine but has a constant ringing sound. If I'm pushing the car hard, I don't hear it, but it's become a little annoying when I drive around town. Does anyone have a suggestion for a more quiet fuel pump?
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby lazyboyz69 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:06 pm

i have no problems with the walbro...maybe you have something in your tank......?
5 spd v6 supercharged, TRD kit,TRD short shifter,TRD Rear Sway Bar,TRD Front Tie Bar,TRD Exhuast,Rear B&G Damper System, tien/tokcio front,18" Axis Seven,Walbro 190 fuel pump,
lazyboyz69
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mandarinsolara » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:23 pm

is it the pump whining or fuel swishing through something?
Mandarinsolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SC V6 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:31 pm

just a ringing.. I hear it 2.. just get a system :drinking:
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby JoeB » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:55 am

That is normal with the Walbro pump. I have the 190Lph pump and get the same noise. I heard it's even louder with the 255Lph pump. While working on my suspension, I have the back interior removed. I noticed that the ringing is MUCH louder without the seat there to muffle it. I'm wondering if you got some of that sound insulation matt that people use for stereos if that would help quiet it down. Just lay it over the fuel tank sending unit under the seat. -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby StockSolara » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:08 am

SC V6 wrote:just a ringing.. I hear it 2.. just get a system :drinking:

:lol:
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6
2000 Lexus GS400
StockSolara
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby cdssolara » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:00 pm

Thanks, Joe, that's a good suggestion. Jim@FA had said something about the sound of the Walbro pumps in some fuel system discussions over a year ago. It's really not that bad unless I'm driving around town without any music playing. I'm just wondering if someone makes a quieter pump. I'm planning to sell this car soon, hopefully without having to remove too many mods. I'm just trying to eliminate issues in the minds of potential buyers.

JoeB wrote:That is normal with the Walbro pump. I have the 190Lph pump and get the same noise. I heard it's even louder with the 255Lph pump. While working on my suspension, I have the back interior removed. I noticed that the ringing is MUCH louder without the seat there to muffle it. I'm wondering if you got some of that sound insulation matt that people use for stereos if that would help quiet it down. Just lay it over the fuel tank sending unit under the seat. -JoeB
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Turbosolara » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:16 pm

my 255 lph pump is loud like hell too, but it does make people in parking lot to turn around to look at my car when i pass by them
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby gLok » Sat May 07, 2005 8:32 am

JoeB wrote:I'm wondering if you got some of that sound insulation matt that people use for stereos if that would help quiet it down. Just lay it over the fuel tank sending unit under the seat.

Thats exactly what you do. Take the aluminum fuel sender cover and lay some dynamat over the top of it. It makes a huge difference.
99 Camry V6 5 speed - built 1mz +++
90 Integra LS 5 speed - daily beater
http://www.legacytuning.com
http://www.grantscustomrigging.com
gLok
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Forced Induction