[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - dealers stink!
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

dealers stink!

dealers stink!

Postby champs-solara » Thu May 19, 2005 6:24 am

Why is it that the two local Toyota dealers won't touch the S/C's?? One of the dealers told me that they don't make S/C's for Solaras - so I thought that I didn't want them touching it anyway when they said that since there is clearly one on it now - and the other said they don't install the EBC module. What is up with that? The only reason why I wanted the EBC installed by the dealer is because while reading the instructions it talks about hooking up the computer and testing it and bla bla- I don't obviously have that stuff! Do you need to do the tests or can you just install it and hope for the best? It's been running fine since last summer- do I really need to put the EBC in anyway? It shifts fine even in hard driving and no check engine light. Any comments/help/advise, I'd love it and thanks in advance~

Braggin rites - 98 Audi A4 1.8T :D
champs-solara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby shidosha01 » Thu May 19, 2005 7:27 am

Do you have an auto or 5spd? If an auto then you do need to install the EBC. Instructions are pretty easy and you can DIY. I'm sure someone with an auto s/c can help. Right guys?
Rizal D. / Forever "tabasco"
99 V6 SE 5spd FT61 1MZ-FTE
393whp/445ft-lbs. TQ @15psi
shidosha01
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby champs-solara » Thu May 19, 2005 8:56 am

Yeah it is an auto, but like I said it shifts smooth on daily and aggressive driving, never fells like there is a problem- it runs strong. I read on another topic someone didn't install theirs and had no problem because they "wanted boost when they wanted boost". But if more people than not suggest putting it in- I'll take a stab at it. I just don't get why dealers won't touch them- I got an attitude from the person I spoke with once I said what I needed done- rude much??
Thanks !
champs-solara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Turbosolara » Thu May 19, 2005 11:01 am

you have to know most of dealers are loaded with clowns. They dont want to take the responsbility if something goes wrong. Also, they dont know how to install it and they dont have instruction, that could be a problem. i think as long as you tape onto the right wire, it should works. Or you should contact some major performance speed shop to do it for you. I guess it should be about as same procedure as taping SAFC onto the ECU harness?
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby arch.HI » Thu May 19, 2005 12:38 pm

It is easy to do, I did it myself. It is just clamping the plastic clips on the right wires. I didn't test it or whatever. I was thinking about taking mine off but I dunno.
2000 Camry LE V6
TRD Supercharged
arch.HI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Forced Induction