[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - s/c 1mz - which spark plugs should I use?
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

s/c 1mz - which spark plugs should I use?

s/c 1mz - which spark plugs should I use?

Postby gman » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:28 am

Can I have some opinions on spark plugs. I have a s/c 1mz with a 6lb pulley. I have just about all the upgrades necessary to protect the motor and the tranny. I have the Iridium IK22s which came with the urd upgrade package. I also have the Bosch 318s injectors in, they are coming out and I am going with Supra injectors(compliments of Gabe). Well while doing the injectors it makes sense to do the spark plugs since the have 15k on them and have seen a rich mix the last 7mos. Any other types from what I have recommended??? Thank you gents~
G
Grey Menace
gman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Turbosolara » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:28 pm

another new set of IK22. they tend to have short life span, mine only last about 10000 miles and then it give miss firing. maybe you need a A/F management.
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby gman » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:05 pm

Turbosolara wrote:another new set of IK22. they tend to have short life span, mine only last about 10000 miles and then it give miss firing. maybe you need a A/F management.

Good thought- I have the split second p-back. I had been running too rich from October till May b/c I was originally sent the p-back with a 7 lb pulley. Well the 7 never made it on and I never had the s/s p-back reprogrammed for a 6. Better rich than lean. Well I am starting to put it all together now and time to make a fresh start with new plugs, the supra injs and a good tune at the local dyno. I am going to have them do some closed loop tuning and of course the wot open loop tuning after. I am bringing a buddy that has done a lot of tuning with me. We are going to play with all the cells on the map grid of the s/s and get it pullin as hard as it can. I will try to get the dyno and some pics posted when I can. Thanks for the thoughts
G
Grey Menace
gman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Turbosolara » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:40 pm

i think running rich is not ncessary an effect from ignition system. Supposely ignition system upgrade just an insurance to detonation. A stronger spark does not change the air fuel ratio inside the combustion chamber, but it will make sure it ignite it at accurate and percise timing manner (therefore less detonation).

have you try to clean your throttle bodies and change air filter? I think it will not hurt to give it a try since it is a part of mantainance anyway.
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby Mandarinsolara » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:12 pm

(in a civic owner voice) go one step colder man
Mandarinsolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby gman » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:55 pm

Turbosolara wrote:i think running rich is not ncessary an effect from ignition system. Supposely ignition system upgrade just an insurance to detonation. A stronger spark does not change the air fuel ratio inside the combustion chamber, but it will make sure it ignite it at accurate and percise timing manner (therefore less detonation).

have you try to clean your throttle bodies and change air filter? I think it will not hurt to give it a try since it is a part of mantainance anyway.

The running rich burned out my cat and will def. fool plugs. The Split Second unit was programmed initially for more fuel and adjustment to timing. Once the supra injs. go in and the plugs are fresh it is time to tune the s/s just on a/f and leave the timing to 0 adjustment letting the stock ecu manage the timing. I am pondering the idea of the plasma booster. I def need my t/b cleaned and my k&n is in the fender well on the end of the cai, it could use a check too to see how much crud has collected.
Grey Menace
gman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Forced Induction