[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - my car is due for major service
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

my car is due for major service

my car is due for major service

Postby Hsakuragi » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:39 am

ok..going to hit 60k in next 400 miles....i'll bring the car back to the dealer for the major service. Should I change the timing belt and the water pumps since they have to take off the charger to install the spark plugs or should I wait until 90k? I do step on the car pretty hard....

I rememeber a LONG time ago someone posted of what the dealer will do for major, anyone still have that?
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Astro » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:57 pm

This is from North Hollywood Toyota:
[url=http://www.northhollywoodtoyota.com]Image
[/url]
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby aforz2breckonedwith » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:42 pm

i got my major sched maint. done not to long ago and i cost me a hefty penny. around $700, and thats with ngk spark plugs witch was about $11 a peice, spark plug cables, timing belt and, coolant and tranny flush.
aforz2breckonedwith
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Hsakuragi » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:20 pm

Here the list of what they gonna do...

Major Service (no oil changeair filter/tire rotation need)
+
spark plug cable
+
timing belt
+
drive belt + cam seals + water pump +gasket....
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SPF 0 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:42 pm

I'd check straight away as to what the owner's manual calls for. Seemingly every dealer has their own idea of what maintenance is called for at given time/mileage point.

FWIW, I've always changed timing belts at 60,000; I have no idea what "cam seals" are. If it's going to save you a bunch of money to do that water pump now, I might go ahead as the part itself is generally fairly inexpensive on the vehicles I'm familiar with (READ: Not Solaras).
'05 Black Solara Convertible SLE, Gold Pinstriping, red calipers, lower grille, OBX pedals, Solara door sills, and OEM splash guards.
SPF 0
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby TRD MCV20L » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:57 pm

Astro wrote:This is from North Hollywood Toyota:
[url=http://www.northhollywoodtoyota.com]Image
[/url]

Thats a really good price. You might want to add a brake fluid flush (bleed the brakes) to that list.
TRD MCV20L
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SPF 0 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:15 pm

I'm not sure I can agree with you 100%. I looks to me like they're basically changing the oil, air filter, draining (not flushing) the trans fluid, changing the plugs (V6s are extra), and possibly rotating the tires for $259. Of course, who knows how much the "hazardous waste removal fee" would be.

As far as the inspections go, I would imagine a dealership's service department would be fairly agreeable to inspect those items for free; this would give them a chance to find more service work that you need.

As far as the rental car. . .most dealerships I've gone have service loaners available gratis.

Howard's 2¢ Worth
'05 Black Solara Convertible SLE, Gold Pinstriping, red calipers, lower grille, OBX pedals, Solara door sills, and OEM splash guards.
SPF 0
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby SPF 0 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:41 pm

BTW, I live in the Chicago area. This could be a screaming bargain in Kal-e-Fron-A.
SPF 0
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Forced Induction