[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Jim's fuel mod..for those with it ON their ride.
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Jim's fuel mod..for those with it ON their ride.

Jim's fuel mod..for those with it ON their ride.

Postby RON » Tue May 05, 2009 9:18 pm

Yeah, I know this topic is *everywhere* and I've scoped this board for tidbits here and there. I'm posting again on this subject to ferret out ALL of those with FIRST HAND experience. Basically I want to know if it's the *real deal*. How has it effected your performance...knock sensor issues.. problems etc. I have 5.5 lb pulley (actually Jim made it for me YEARS AGO). I know there's a Walbro pump as well...I would prefer to wait on that for now. Is it noisy?

Thanks

RON
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Dawgz » Tue May 05, 2009 10:47 pm

if ur planning to go to 5.5psi. U will need to get the walbro pump for sure. And the fuel line upgrade is just better precaution.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Tue May 05, 2009 10:50 pm

ive got the fuel kit. It isnt noisy, but the walbro pump whines quietly in the background... you get used to it.

In terms of adding reliability, it delivered plenty of fuel for my setup but didnt stop my knock sensors blowing. I think cali crapgas has alot to do with the knock sensor issue.

Im sure it would help versus stock fuel line though...

Hope that helps.
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby akora12 » Wed May 06, 2009 5:32 am

Jim's fuel mod is a must, and the pump is a good idea if you're above 4psi IMO.

I was worried about the noise-factor of the walbro, but it's not very noticeable. I actually prefer hearing it from time to time, lets me know it's still working. :)
2000 Solara SEV6 5-speed S/C - Dismantled and sold :(
akora12
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Akfahad » Wed May 06, 2009 7:22 am

akora12 wrote:Jim's fuel mod is a must, and the pump is a good idea if you're above 4psi IMO.

I was worried about the noise-factor of the walbro, but it's not very noticeable. I actually prefer hearing it from time to time, lets me know it's still working. :)

x2 Ryan....I actually like the pump when it hums to me. Definitely a good idea also for the fuel line.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby CASTRO » Wed May 06, 2009 7:27 am

I like the fuel mod. When I used to hit the tracks frequently, the mod would give me smoother acceleration and didnt seem to hiccup from time to time.

I my mysteriously blew the front knock sensor w/o it and since then added the mod and swapped the busted one out. No changes from then except the fuel mod and JABBA-JANG! No more knock sensor issues. It may just be a coincidence that it blew the first time but just stating my experience.
97 Camry XLE S/C V6 -- 07 "New Formula Red" S2000 -- 07 "Milano Red" Fit Sport
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Forced Induction