[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Question...
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Question...

Question...

Postby RON » Sat May 09, 2009 12:32 pm

Installed TRD 160 thermostat..works great...keeps temps down unless I'm idling in traffic. Even then, it goes back down after car movs. One thing I noticed is that the IDLE SPEED is around 640 now...down from 690. What's all that about? Not a problem at all, but I would think the idle would be HIGHER, not lower :-? .
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ASG14 » Sat May 09, 2009 12:47 pm

Well, it;s getting hotter out, so even that can make a difference. If it stays there, just let it be, no issue. You can easily raise the idle just a bit with the screw on the throttle body. I know a couple people that have lower temp thermostates in thier SC Camry/Solara, and no one has any bad issues. Nothing to worry about unless it gets worse.
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby RON » Sat May 09, 2009 4:03 pm

Well, it;s getting hotter out, so even that can make a difference. If it stays there, just let it be, no issue. You can easily raise the idle just a bit with the screw on the throttle body. I know a couple people that have lower temp thermostates in thier SC Camry/Solara, and no one has any bad issues. Nothing to worry about unless it gets worse.

Thanks...
When it's running cooler (than normal) at a stop, it's around 650RPM...as the temp rises back to *normal* with further stop and go (mostly heavy traffic), the idle RPMS RISE back to range of 690. I also noticed that the temps run a tad LOWER with AC ON (in stop and go). This is probably to to higher RPM (than when off) which turns the WATER PUMP faster. All in all, I'm impressed with the way the temps stay down with the 160 when car is moving..even at 25 MPH in hotter weather.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TMMK Toy » Sun May 10, 2009 12:47 pm

Well generally the warmer the engine then higher the idle so a 50 rpm difference doesnt seem like a major concern to me
TMMK Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby lexmex » Tue May 12, 2009 7:43 am

Better to be a bit lower than higher (which I have found is generally tied to the IACV).
lexmex
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Forced Induction