[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Poll on turbo kit production
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Which would you choose?

I would definatly buy a turbo kit, but don't care if it's 50 state legal, I just want HP!
73%
I would definatly buy a turbo kit that was 50 state legal
27%

Total votes : 48

Poll on turbo kit production

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:34 pm

No worries Sarkis, it's not like you don't have that Nova just itching to burn rubber :lol:

I personally would love a kit (regardless of cost, power cost $ w/any platform), but it's such a c*cktease since it would be produced here in SoCal, yet w/out CARB exemption, I'd likely pass as well. Paying a shop to look the other way to pass smog is one thing with my Z/S14, but having to do that with the Solara (the car I should be fussing with the least) is not desirable.
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby alltrac92 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:30 am

I have a stock 2000 Camry 1MZ-FE with a 5-speed. It has never been in an accident and it has California emissions. I can help if you are going for CARB approval and need a donor car for a 3-6 months.
alltrac92
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby i20solara02i » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:33 pm

I will be visiting Brian this weekend hopefully to drop off the car to get my turbo installed
version 3.0 complete 302 hp 303 tq stay tuned for 3.01 (meth installed, now needs to get it tune)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOTi2NPNIA
i20solara02i
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby jstarone » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:04 pm

1. How important would smog legal be to you? 1-10 scale
-5 (I could care less about smog because it does not apply in my region)

2. What do you feel is most important in a turbo kit?
RELIABILITY and build quality of course

3. What sort of HP numbers would make you say "I'll buy that!!"
Thats sort of hard to answer because it depends on the pricepoint and the quality. but around 50-100 would be good.
4. How many of you would sign up if we were to build this?? Depending on how soon your going to do this, I would be interested in a couple months, I may abandon the TRD S/C hunt if this turns out good.
Short Throw Shifter - FTB - RSB - Drop in K&N Filter
jstarone
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby i20solara02i » Sun May 03, 2009 12:00 am

this thread should really be who would actually put money down for the turbo. rather than if carb legal or not.
version 3.0 complete 302 hp 303 tq stay tuned for 3.01 (meth installed, now needs to get it tune)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOTi2NPNIA
i20solara02i
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby chullen1 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:22 am

Brian GT PRO wrote:We can get started somewhere May/June. Development time will have to do with us choosing a smog legal kit or not. The CARB approval process is a very lengthy one and take a LOT of investment in terms of lab time/work, Government paperwork and red tape, etc etc. We are ready to produce this as a kit that can be bolted on in your garage, however we will not sacrifice quality in lieu of making the kit $XXX dollars. The fact of the matter is that if we sign our name to it, it will need to be reliable, use quality name brand components, offer a warranty we can stand behind and make the installation easy to deal with, these are all goals of ours if we choose to go down this road. The post was put up to simply gauge weather this was going to have steam or not, and to allow the members to have input. Let us know if this is something we need to do, or if we should consider only doing *one off* turbo set ups. Thanks guys!

Don't listen to naysayers, if they don't have the money then they shouldn't be in cars, a fast car costs money, Plain and simple. I have had a few fast cars in the past and have spent money on them. I bought the camry for its relative cheap price, and reliability. I am very interested in this it and will put up the money if its reliable and can be fast. I don't care if it is smog legal because there are ways around it. I am looking for a good bolt on kit that puts out about 6psi on a internally wastegated turbo. If it is external, just make sure the wastegate springs are interchangable. PM me if you are interested in making this happen as I will be able to buy one in September. Its between thsi kit or a custom kit or a supercharger. I just like how a turbo car goes from 0 to hella fast in no time.
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Forced Induction