[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Vac Lines: From Boosted to Stock
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Vac Lines: From Boosted to Stock

Vac Lines: From Boosted to Stock

Postby CamryOnBronze » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:04 pm

Alright, so I converted Alicia's solara back to stock today and removed the TRD supercharger since we sold it. I have a couple of vac line questions I was hoping you guys could help me with- it has been a long time since I did one of these installs. :lol:

I remember the manual saying to cap off this plug- can someone tell me where it used to go (when stock?)

Two open ports here- any idea what should be here and where it should go?

And lastly, this line. I think it is coming from the canister near the driver's side headlight. It has a t fitting on it and both ends coming from the t are left with nowhere to go. I remember the t being installed during the s/c install. Any idea where this should go?

Any help is greatly appreciated, I want to get the car back on the road for the wife. Thanks guys!

Damon
94 Camry: Beater
99 Solara: S/C & Totaled (RIP)
93 240SX: SR20DET
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby GzNutz » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:52 pm

The two open ports appear to be the vac lines running to the intake. Found this thread with n/a engin bay pics.
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=46188&highlight=intake+vac+lines
*edit I guess not the intake but up by the radiator.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby CamryOnBronze » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:16 pm

hmm, I don't think so. All of the connections to the intake have been made and there is only one small line that goes to the intake. There are three total to the intake- one large, one medium, and one small (if I remember right.)
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby GzNutz » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:18 pm

I just noticed that and edited my post. The lines appear to come from the front of the car by the radiator. Maybe they are tucked down by the fan?
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 1gSE » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:54 pm

here ya go Damon.

well the first is pretty self explanatory.

the second goes on the left side

GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby akora12 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:03 pm

^Nice. Isn't there a sticker on the underside of the hood with the vacuum routing diagram as well?
2000 Solara SEV6 5-speed S/C - Dismantled and sold :(
akora12
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby CamryOnBronze » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:12 pm

^ I think there is... doh. :lol: thanks for the pics 1gse! I will try that and go from there...

EDIT: So I made the connections 1gse shows and one other one I missed from the under hood diagram- the acuator line was off. (Thanks Ryan).

The car still idles rough and shuts off. Here is a question- the TRD one way valve is still installed right now. I assume that this is the culprit- would this still being installed cause the car to not run properly? I want to try removing it but I need to run and get some new hose first.

Thanks a lot for the help guys!
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby CamryOnBronze » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:04 pm

Alright, Adam is the man. Bolt on the EGR was loose. Idles up and runs fine now :)
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Return to Forced Induction