[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Good news for the 2azfe from scionspeed
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Good news for the 2azfe from scionspeed

Good news for the 2azfe from scionspeed

Postby xavier » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:00 am

They just pulled 426 whp and 374 wtq on stock internals at 18 psi....STOCK INTERNALS!
xavier
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:42 am

:o attaboy 2azfe! Kudos to TC owners....
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Hsakuragi » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:57 am

:o
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Mole » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:03 pm

yeah... but for HOW LONG can it go on stock internals on 18lbs?
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby xavier » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:18 pm

attaboy 2azfe! Kudos to TC owners....

Kudos to the 2az solaras out there too...like me :D

yeah... but for HOW LONG can it go on stock internals on 18lbs?

At this point, i dont think it matters since they didnt expect to hold past 14 psi. No one in their right mind would push stock internals at that psi unless they were planning on blowing the motor, nor would scionspeed suggest doing so. They are not claiming 430 whp at 18 psi reliably. They can, however, say that they were the first to put 430 whp on the stock internals! There is something to be said for pioneers :wink:
The website recommends lsd conversion and built motor for stage 3
xavier
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SC V6 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:20 pm

the question is.. was it blown at the time of the dyno w\ 18psi.. and also, what octane fuel, and how rich was it running?
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby 209solara » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:26 pm

:o wow i mean uh... wow
209solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby shidosha01 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:31 pm

Mole wrote:yeah... but for HOW LONG can it go on stock internals on 18lbs?

Ditto. Also, understand that running that high boost with stock 9.5:1 compression ratio is going to push big numbers. I'd wait another year and see what happens. :-? Awesome numbers.
Rizal D. / Forever "tabasco"
99 V6 SE 5spd FT61 1MZ-FTE
393whp/445ft-lbs. TQ @15psi
shidosha01
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Astro » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:50 pm

Now, that's just SICK!!!!
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:05 pm

2AZ Solaras and 2AZ tCs are tuned slightly differently (weight of car) and the parts are not as interchangable as you'd like...

but w/ minor changes to JP Performance's header... you can make a turbo manifold =D
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby xavier » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:14 am

the question is.. was it blown at the time of the dyno w\ 18psi.. and also, what octane fuel, and how rich was it running?

It was 18 psi on 103 octane. Dont know what you are asking about blown...Its turbo charged which is blown. They actually tapped the 255 wahlbro pump during the last pull...so they actually started running lean...like 11.2 so they shut down right on red.

Now, that's just SICK!!!!

Yes indeed!

2AZ Solaras and 2AZ tCs are tuned slightly differently (weight of car) and the parts are not as interchangable as you'd like...

but w/ minor changes to JP Performance's header... you can make a turbo manifold =D

I emailed them and they said that in April, they will be aquiring a 2az solara 5spd to do a fabbed kit. If its not too much changing (other than ic piping, manifold and some plumbing) they will produce a kit for it as well. Lets keep our finger crossed as the stage 3 kits is like right around $5,000. It may be steep for some but as more companies jump into the 2az platform, it will become cheaper.
BTW Heres a link http://www.scionspeed.com/
Be sure to turn your speakers down cuz the site has music on it...it startled the hell outta me the first time I went there :lol:
xavier
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SC V6 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:31 am

what im sayin about it being blown is.. it could have had problems prior to the dyno... i.e. broken piston lands and not knowing it
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:47 am

SC V6 wrote:what im sayin about it being blown is.. it could have had problems prior to the dyno... i.e. broken piston lands and not knowing it

The 2AZ was designed to be the ultimate beater engine. I'm sure Toyota will see the potential of the 2AZ and release a RWD car using the 2AZ... 300 WHP 2.4L single Turbo... that's awesome.

----

You can't really call the 2AZ a "platform". It's an engine. A platform would be a car/body style. So you would like to see the ANT10 platform mods being applied to ACV20 and ACV30 platforms, but it may never happen.

400 WHP may seem cool now... but when you're at the track... you realize you can only go straight =P

Moderation is always the key... it's the golden rule. You can't spend your entire paycheck on a 400 WHP turbo kit... you also need to get the proper suspension (including Rims and Tires) to make sure your car can turn/reduce wheel hop/etc... you also need upgraded brakes to make sure you can stop after going so fast...

Honestly, I hope they do not apply it to the Solara platform. We're just gonna see a bunch of wrecked Solaras and people being pulled over all the time because they aren't responsible enough to handle 400 HP yet.

The Veterans remember Ryan (Flipside909)... now I know where he was coming from... it's funny hahaha
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby xavier » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:19 pm

Jackass-Jeff wrote:
SC V6 wrote:what im sayin about it being blown is.. it could have had problems prior to the dyno... i.e. broken piston lands and not knowing it

The 2AZ was designed to be the ultimate beater engine. I'm sure Toyota will see the potential of the 2AZ and release a RWD car using the 2AZ... 300 WHP 2.4L single Turbo... that's awesome.

----

You can't really call the 2AZ a "platform". It's an engine. A platform would be a car/body style. So you would like to see the ANT10 platform mods being applied to ACV20 and ACV30 platforms, but it may never happen.

400 WHP may seem cool now... but when you're at the track... you realize you can only go straight =P

Moderation is always the key... it's the golden rule. You can't spend your entire paycheck on a 400 WHP turbo kit... you also need to get the proper suspension (including Rims and Tires) to make sure your car can turn/reduce wheel hop/etc... you also need upgraded brakes to make sure you can stop after going so fast...

Honestly, I hope they do not apply it to the Solara platform. We're just gonna see a bunch of wrecked Solaras and people being pulled over all the time because they aren't responsible enough to handle 400 HP yet.

The Veterans remember Ryan (Flipside909)... now I know where he was coming from... it's funny hahaha

I know what your saying and I agree to an extent. Yes, when applying 40 horse to any car, more modifications is needed to the brake, suspension, drive shafts, clutch, etc...and I dont want 400 horse power....but it would be nice to have the *ability* to have 400 hp if I saw need for it. I would like around 300 whp. I am responsible, but, just want more out of my car. Do I hope they apply their techology to the solara? You bet I do.
xavier
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Mandarinsolara » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:20 pm

put 18psi on a vette or magicly grow a sack
Mandarinsolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Next

Return to Forced Induction