[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Where to go for Supercharger rebuilds?
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Where to go for Supercharger rebuilds?

Where to go for Supercharger rebuilds?

Postby SpeedSTARs » Sun May 01, 2005 9:30 pm

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if you guys knew if there was a good place to send your TRD supercharger in for a rebuild. Do you guys have any suggestions???

Thanks in advance,
-G
SpeedSTARs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby StockSolara » Sun May 01, 2005 9:32 pm

http://www.gadgetonline.com/Supernose.htm this site should beable to help you out on maintence.
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6
2000 Lexus GS400
StockSolara
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SpeedSTARs » Sun May 01, 2005 9:47 pm

http://www.gadgetonline.com/Supernose.htm this site should beable to help you out on maintence.

Many thanks StockSolara...

Is Magnuson the company that did the R&D (research and development) on the TRD Charger? Anyway, thanks again.

Best regards,
-G
SpeedSTARs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cdssolara » Sun May 01, 2005 11:56 pm

SpeedSTARs wrote:

Is Magnuson the company that did the R&D (research and development) on the TRD Charger? Anyway, thanks again.

Best regards,
-G

Yes, I believe they did. You should be able to go to them about servicing.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SpeedSTARs » Mon May 02, 2005 10:22 pm

Many thanks guys,

You've been very helpfull... May the boost be with you!

LOL,
-G :P :D
SpeedSTARs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JoeB » Tue May 03, 2005 5:49 am

There is another place other than Magnusen to rebuild the sc. I believe it's in CA, some of the guys used this place a while ago but I can't remember the name. Supposedly they use even better parts in the rebuild than Magnusen does. I'll try to see if I can find a name. -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby gLok » Thu May 05, 2005 2:30 pm

Before i got the turbo bug i was going to send my supercharger back to Magnuson to get rebuilt. I got all of their information here to help anyone who might need to contact them.

Magnuson Products, Inc.
3172 Bunsen Ave. Unit D
Ventura, CA 93003
(805) 289-0044 - Phone
(805) 642-1936 - Fax
Hours: M-F 8:30AM-5:00PM (PST)
www.MagnusonProducts.com - Web Site
99 Camry V6 5 speed - built 1mz +++
90 Integra LS 5 speed - daily beater
http://www.legacytuning.com
http://www.grantscustomrigging.com
gLok
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SpeedSTARs » Fri May 06, 2005 12:52 am

gLok wrote:Before i got the turbo bug i was going to send my supercharger back to Magnuson to get rebuilt. I got all of their information here to help anyone who might need to contact them.

Magnuson Products, Inc.
3172 Bunsen Ave. Unit D
Ventura, CA 93003
(805) 289-0044 - Phone
(805) 642-1936 - Fax

Thank you very much for the info. You rock. :wink:

-G :) :) :)
SpeedSTARs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SBCelicaGT » Fri May 06, 2005 10:21 am

SpeedSTARs wrote:

Best regards,
-G

Other way around. As with Jackson Racing blower kits, TRD designs the kits and has Magnuson make them by taking the TRD design that utilizes the Eaton blower.
1990 Toyota Celica 1MZ V6
14.7@95mph @ Famoso
All motor. hehehehehe.
SBCelicaGT
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SpeedSTARs » Fri May 06, 2005 9:57 pm

SBCelicaGT wrote:
SpeedSTARs wrote:

Best regards,
-G

Other way around. As with Jackson Racing blower kits, TRD designs the kits and has Magnuson make them by taking the TRD design that utilizes the Eaton blower.

Thanks for the info. I take it that Magnuson is like a Tier 1 supplier for the OEM. Sweet. :D

-G :P :P :P
SpeedSTARs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby that1mexguy » Sat May 07, 2005 9:01 am

Not sure if I'm going off topic here but ... is there a reason to rebuild a supercharger, other than damage?? i guess what i'm asking is, could a supercharger be rebuilt to get even more boost? and would it be even worth it? just curious ... thanks
that1mexguy
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby SpeedSTARs » Sat May 07, 2005 9:54 pm

that1mexguy wrote:Not sure if I'm going off topic here but ... is there a reason to rebuild a supercharger, other than damage?? i guess what i'm asking is, could a supercharger be rebuilt to get even more boost? and would it be even worth it? just curious ... thanks

SUP Bro,

The answer is "yes" it could be design to increase more boost. It would be done by changing the gear ratios in the charger fo the scrolls to spin faster.

What our Solara's need is an intercooler with that extra boost. The point being is that the faster the scrolls spin, the most heat is present in the chamber of the blower. The intercooler would solve this problem to produce a higher density of air verse the heat build up in the chamber that reduces the efficiency of the charge.

What really sucks, is that,in order to package the intercooler on the GEN1-1.5 Solaras, the hood and strut tower brace would have to be changed to accomadate the cooler to fit under the hood. The cooler fits in between the TRD blower and the cylinder head.

Plan B- Would be to have the air intake manifold ports (air plenum) of the Eaton style TRD blower bored, homed and tapered/ chamfered to increase airflow to the cylinder heads. You can expect 8-20HP @ the wheels by doing this project. However, with all these special projects, money and time is always an issue... In fact you can find more info on this stuff in the newstands under the magazine MODIFIED MAG's June 2005 issue. The article is titled, "Intake Manifold Design & Testing" page 117-122. Hope you enjoy the article as much as I did.

-G :turn-l: :turn-l: D guys
SpeedSTARs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SpeedSTARs » Wed May 25, 2005 8:02 pm

Ok Guys,

I ended up sending the charger to Magnuson. They ended up replacing the rotor, the Bearings, nose cone assembly and silenoid. I must say, they did a fantastic job in rebuilding the blower. The contact person I went through was a gentlemen named David Gonzalez of Magnuson Products.

The place to send your superchargers is listed on the address below along with the contact information:

CONTACT US

Magnuson Products, Inc.
1990 Knoll Drive
Ventura, CA 93003

(805) 642-8833- Phone
(805) 677-4897 - Fax

Also if you want to go directly to Dave for the RGA# issuing, his extention is listed under #261

Many thanks to all my Solara brothers. :P
-G
SpeedSTARs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

charger

Postby hskrsolara » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:06 pm

How much did it cost for the rebuild?
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Re: charger

Postby SpeedSTARs » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:43 pm

hskrsolara wrote:How much did it cost for the rebuild?

SUP Bro,

They basiclly replaced every component of the charger. It totaled to be around $650 plus shipping... :-?

Anyway... How is yours (SC) holding up? The staff at Magnuson are pretty cool. :wink: 8)

Peace,
-G
SpeedSTARs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Forced Induction