[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - CLOSE THISThinking to be first 1MZ boosted on stock internal
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

CLOSE THISThinking to be first 1MZ boosted on stock internal

CLOSE THISThinking to be first 1MZ boosted on stock internal

Postby DatSRBoi » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:04 pm

Close this thread.
Last edited by DatSRBoi on Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:53 pm, edited 7 times in total.
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby DatSRBoi » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:07 pm

If all goes well, I can start a project and make bolt on turbos for solaras :) that will only boost 4 lbs ahaha...Since there arnt anymore TRD around.. And I unno..Its only costing me 400 to do mine..all I have to buy is the turbo as I know of right now..Everything else is free from my friends...
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby ThatVietGuy » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:04 am

It sounds like a good plan *thumbs up*

Although I don't know too much about turbos and whatnot, aside from the basics.

I wish you luck though :)
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Turbosolara » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:48 am

you can try...but although you have all of the freebies and tools, you are still lacking of skills, knowledges and experience.

for example, do you know how to make the turbo exhaust maniford? can you make good wielding that wont leak or break? i knew someone who had custom turbo, the pipes cracked the pieces flied into the intake maniford. I also sometimes heared the exhaust maniford cracked the pieces flied into the turbo,...

fuel, you need will a computer management. Turbo's boosting is lots faster then supercharger, your factory ecu might not able to compensate for the change.

also, If you are at the point that you find out you are lean on the fuel becuase the turbo just simply demand more and faster of the fuel deliverary, what are you going to do? what can you do?

and most importantly, do you have back up funds and plans if the project fail?

for 4 psi, you can use a small turbo such as the one the burien 5sfe turbo kit.

anyway, it sounds like a interesting project, go for it when you are ready.
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby DatSRBoi » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:07 am

Im just thinking.. Yeah I have been welding for 2 years now...So that wont be the problem..its just I dont know how the engine will handle the boost of force air rather pulled air...Thats why im asking you guys before I take it to the next step...Just let me know all what I need to know..and Ill see if its worth the time to start doing it..because remember that turbo 1MZ camry? the silver one..well He had the turbo run off the downpipe rather the manifold..So that might be an idea...

What do you mean by Turbo's boosting is lots faster then supercharger??
And I probably upgrade my fuel pump.
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby importtuner2oo4 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:25 am

Turbosolara wrote:and most importantly, do you have back up funds and plans if the project fail?

I agree with turbosolara. This is not to knock on u, but just some advice, nothing ever goes as planned. You should def have a backup plan just incase more money is needed in the project or if something breaks...

Goodluck
importtuner2oo4
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DatSRBoi » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:47 am

Thats why Im asking for a stock set or front headers any Y pipes..Going to have the wastegate set on major low so that Ill start off at 1psi and work my way up to 4 lbs...
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby BradOwens » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:32 am

go for it bro 8) jus dont go 2 fast take ur time we dont want to see any blown motors
BradOwens
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DatSRBoi » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:37 am

I will..Im not an idiot.. Ill be doing allot of testing and asking questions and seeing how the motor handles..... Wont be doing any plug and run and wuahaha BOOM... I just want to try something new... How else did we have TRD supercharger if someone didnt try and make one right? Well, I want to be the few first to try something and maybe it can lead a way for us in the future..

Im pretty sure even the guy who made the TRD S/C for the solara had haters when he wanted to make it for the solara...
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby wiz2 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:27 pm

Go for it !! Dont be afraid. Others have gone down or are going down that path. Make sure to keep the forum updated !
06 DG G35 Sedan 6 MT
motordybe spacer|stillen tube|MRR GT 1 19x8.5,19x9.5 Toyo T1R's
wiz2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby shidosha01 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:37 pm

*PoshPizzie* wrote:Be careful... there is a reason why almost everyone else on this forum has internal mods when they are boosting (S/C or turbo)...

Ditto. Wait a bit if you can because Arrieta Motorsport may have turbo kits fabricated to the public. If you can't then I wish you the best of luck. Your turbo project is going to be a big challenge. Look at it this way. Arrieta has found 1000 different ways how not to go about boosting a 1MZ-FE. Give them a call.
Rizal D. / Forever "tabasco"
99 V6 SE 5spd FT61 1MZ-FTE
393whp/445ft-lbs. TQ @15psi
shidosha01
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby SolaraT » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:09 pm

So you must have started welding @ 14 years of age? You said you where 16 years old? :lol: Hey
Weren’t you the guy that had that eBay intake or a "Custom" Intake and always going the cheap route on everything? Now you are going the cheap route on this? Come one man. Impress me with this project of yours! I cannot wait to see this.

Good Luck smart guy! :drinking:
SolaraT
Solaraguy need mo power guy
Solaraguy need mo power guy

Postby CASTRO » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:11 pm

^ damn im ready for a fully tested and complete turbo if it does happen. My only fear of not doing it was because i dont have the time or money to go through a trial and error on my daily driver. Let us know how tabasco feels when the new turbo is on.
97 Camry XLE S/C V6 -- 07 "New Formula Red" S2000 -- 07 "Milano Red" Fit Sport
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Astro » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:26 pm

shidosha01 wrote:Wait a bit if you can because Arrieta Motorsport may have turbo kits fabricated to the public.

Oh, yeah!! I hope that goes through, Rizal. I'd definately be up for that :P Please keep us posted.
I can't spend the time either on R&D, because mine's a daily driver too.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Next

Return to Forced Induction