[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - P0-330
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

P0-330

P0-330

Postby cartang » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:04 pm

Hi my first post: where is locate Knock sensor 2 ( Bank 2, V6 model)
Can I change my self any tip?
Camry 1999 LE manual SC 6PSI ,Greddy EVo,
cartang
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SC V6 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:14 pm

no wonder you are knocking... it might be a challange to get to... the bank 2 is the front back (towards radiator)... im not quite sure about the procedure to get to the knock sensors.. I would do some fuel upgrades If I were you... cause you may have already damaged your engine from running lean... I would do a leak down test for the compression of the cylinders.. you might be in trouble buddy from running more boost than your fuel system can handle
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Astro » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:59 pm

Uh oh, another victim :o
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro

Postby SC V6 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:04 pm

Astro wrote:Uh oh, another victim :o

you got that right.. I saw the upgrades.. and thought to myself.. damn

Hey buddy.. you should check the hose coming off the front valve cover.. and see if it is pushing out air, or sucking air in.. and let me know
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6

Postby siennasc98 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:02 pm

The knock sensors are buried between the banks. When mine gave up, I replaced them both. Here is a picture of their location, just below the water/coolant bypass hose.

http://www.toyotanation.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/3784/cat/500/page/1
siennasc98
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby DatSRBoi » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:49 pm

I jsut saw 6PSI and Code pulled...And I bowed my head and said...Ouch...
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Re: P0-330

Postby StockSolara » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:08 am

cartang wrote:Hi my first post: where is locate Knock sensor 2 ( Bank 2, V6 model)
Can I change my self any tip?
Camry 1999 LE manual SC 6PSI ,Greddy EVo,

After that replacement you should consider the following mods: Jim's Fuel Upgrade, Walbro 190 lph Fuel Pump, and N/A Supra Fuel Injectors. . . With the proper tuning of the a piggyback you should be running and awesome condition and solve that knocking problem
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6
2000 Lexus GS400
StockSolara
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Fletch » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:37 am

Don't worry too much yet. It might not be so bad. I blew the same knock sensor and I rewired the other knock sensor to both inputs and it's been code free for over 1 year.

Since then, I installed Jim's kit and have the pump and injectors ready to install. A leakdown check on front 3 cylinders was a safe 180psi each.

6 psi is aggressive w/o any fuel mods.
2006 Legacy GT spec.B

(Totaled) '99 SE V6, TRD S/C, 5.5 psi Pulley, Jim's Fuel Upgrade, TRD Shortshifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Lightweight Flywheel, Tokico / Eibach, TRD RSB, 2.5" Custom Y-Pipe, Greddy Cat-Back
Fletch
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Suggestions

Postby JMSinMaryland » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:51 am

I myself am running 4 psi for the piece of mind that the system was meant to run at this without any mods. If anything I would just open up my intake/exhaust system more but that's it. I currently have K&N and TRD muffler. If anything maybe JP all the way back, still keeping the K&N drop in. Anywho, depending on your mileage the knock sensor is a warrantied item. I would just suggest putting on the stock pulley before taking it in. Jon.
17" Toyota Highlander Limited wheels for sale
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/g ... ed-wheels/
JMSinMaryland
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby cdssolara » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:39 pm

Fletch wrote:Don't worry too much yet. It might not be so bad. I blew the same knock sensor and I rewired the other knock sensor to both inputs and it's been code free for over 1 year.

Since then, I installed Jim's kit and have the pump and injectors ready to install. A leakdown check on front 3 cylinders was a safe 180psi each.

6 psi is aggressive w/o any fuel mods.

I did the rewire fix, too, but it was for the sensor for Bank 1 (Rear) not Bank 2 (Front). Are you sure you weren't fixing Bank 1 with the 0325 code?
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Fletch » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:51 am

Pretty sure, unless I screwed up the rewire. Before I installed 5.5psi, I rewired knock sensors to run off the front bank sensor. I believed it would be less likely to blow the front sensor because it was farther from the S/C and wouldn't pick up the S/C whine/noise.

So when I threw code, it was 325 & 330. Then, I reveresed the wiring so I should be running off rear bank sensor.

Since then, I have read that the front bank tends to run lean and the fix is the FA Fuel Kit, right?
2006 Legacy GT spec.B

(Totaled) '99 SE V6, TRD S/C, 5.5 psi Pulley, Jim's Fuel Upgrade, TRD Shortshifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Lightweight Flywheel, Tokico / Eibach, TRD RSB, 2.5" Custom Y-Pipe, Greddy Cat-Back
Fletch
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cdssolara » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:51 am

Yes, the front bank is the one that runs lean (Code 0330), and is fixed with fuel mods, like the one that Jim@FA offers. With some people, myself included, the rear bank starts throwing the 0325 code for the knock sensor after the fuel issues are fixed. It seems that it's more sensitive to the S/C noise, and throws a false code. I had the knock sensor inputs to the ECU rewired so that the bank 2 sensor fed both of them. Like you, I haven't had a problem with knock sensors since then, and it's been over a year and a half.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby RON » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:25 pm

cdssolara wrote:Yes, the front bank is the one that runs lean (Code 0330), and is fixed with fuel mods, like the one that Jim@FA offers. With some people, myself included, the rear bank starts throwing the 0325 code for the knock sensor after the fuel issues are fixed. It seems that it's more sensitive to the S/C noise, and throws a false code. I had the knock sensor inputs to the ECU rewired so that the bank 2 sensor fed both of them. Like you, I haven't had a problem with knock sensors since then, and it's been over a year and a half.

I did Jim's mod recently and got a 330 code ( Bank 2) today!
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby hskrsolara » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:55 pm

what fuel pump are you using? You sure you have a good tune?, you may still be running lean if your dyno didn't get the a/f dialed in...
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby hskrsolara » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:55 pm

and what's this 160 mph top speed you have on your CD page???
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Next

Return to Forced Induction