[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 1mz Turbo kit
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

1mz Turbo kit

Postby SmokingTiresV6 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:05 pm

Yeah, that was my plan. I would give you guys everything you would need to mod in order to make it run perfect. I wouldn't be putting together kits for the stuff because that would drive the price up. However the only real upgrades you will need to buy are the return setup (which you may be able to take off an early 1mz if you have a newer one) and the upgraded fuel rails to keep the A/F ratio from running lean.

By the time the kit is complete, we will have all the kinks worked out and will give the information to you.

I'm still in need of a Doner car for the project. If anyone knows someone in MN please have the PM me with their info. Otherwise we may have to rent a car to work on.
Vist the Team Night Crew Store! Click Here!
SmokingTiresV6
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mandarinsolara » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:59 am

SmokingTiresV6 wrote:Otherwise we may have to rent a car to work on.

this reminds me of when my dad used to rent shelby's and they would mod it out like open exhaust and put in a roll cage and blah blah blah and they would take it to the strip. i guess times havent changed.
Mandarinsolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: 1mz Turbo kit

Postby RJ@UPFD » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:07 am

SmokingTiresV6 wrote:Ok, so I have been talking with the guys at Boost Factory about making a turbo kit for the Camry. As it has come about, a good number of people with MR2's would like one for their 1mz drop-ins. So that is the engine for which the kit will be made.

I am looking to see who would be interested in the kit. I need a decent size group before I can go to them and have them start putting together a kit.

The price estimate is easily Under $3500. It will be intercooled and include an SMT6 unit for tuning. I can't get a better estimate until i go in and have them take a look at the engine bay, etc.

I need confirmed interest though. Only people who are willing to 100% drop the money on a kit. Camry owners (at least on TN) tend to hype and then flake out. I want this to go through :)

Anyone looking for a custom fab kit call me at the shop. We are planning a twin turbo kit and I only need 5 to get started.
I AM NOW WORKING FROM HOME...
Phone:714-901-8343
Mobile: 714-717-2068
Email: RJ2004OC@hotmail.com
RJ@UPFD
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mandarinsolara » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:26 am

eventually, i guess i would buy the kit either way, but rather see a fat turbine in there instead of two snails.
just my 2 cents.

what size are these turbs?
Mandarinsolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SmokingTiresV6 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:57 pm

I'm still in the works of this single turbo kit. I am searching for a test car before I can begin. So far I haven't found anyone in MN that can do it.
SmokingTiresV6
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby arch.HI » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:46 am

--1LOKEDOUTSLE-- wrote:Arent you in MN???? Why cant you use your car????

He doesn't have a Solara or a 1MZ.
2000 Camry LE V6
TRD Supercharged
arch.HI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby arch.HI » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:01 pm

gen 3 Camrys came with the 3VZ-FE V6
2000 Camry LE V6
TRD Supercharged
arch.HI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SmokingTiresV6 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:36 pm

Yup. My car has the 3vz-fe. But I found there isn't as much as a market for 3vz kits. And I much rather help you guys out anyways. But I am having a hard time finding someone to model the kit. There isn't anyone on here that lives in MN?
SmokingTiresV6
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Forced Induction