[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Racing Fuel
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Racing Fuel

Postby Sleeper » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:45 pm

And to answer Astro's question about 76s higher octane in SoCal, yes. The one on the 91 freeway exiting on Lakewood Blvd heading north2 blocks on Flower Street. They sell up to 105 unleaded and 120 leaded.
SLEEPER...
Sparco Torino Seats, TRD Blower, Autometer Boost, Air/Fuel, and Tach gauges, DVD Touchscreen receiver, Carbon Fiber Reverse Gauges/Hood, 8K HIDs, Complete TRD Suspension, SPEC Stage 3 clutch & flywheel
Sleeper
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Astro » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:01 am

Sleeper wrote:And to answer Astro's question about 76s higher octane in SoCal, yes. The one on the 91 freeway exiting on Lakewood Blvd heading north2 blocks on Flower Street. They sell up to 105 unleaded and 120 leaded.

Oh, I know exactly where that's at. I used to live a few blocks from there. I never went there because I always went to the one in Pasadena, since I'm in North Hollywood now.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby StockSolara » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:22 am

Sleeper wrote:Well i finally purchased the racing fuel, VP Racing at 103 octane. A 5 gallon tin can cost me $45. Since this is my first time running the Solara on racing fuel, its going to take me a while to know exactly which mixture is best for my car. This weekend I need to make my car as light as possible, my car right now is completely gutted out, the only thing left in it is my Sparco seat, armrest console, and the dashboard. As far as the weight on the fuel i only want to run it with a quarter tank. So im thinking of having 3 gallons of 103 and 2 gollons of 91 octane for best mixture, what do you guys think?

Yeah that would be good. . . You should focus more on launching quickly. . . If you haven't raced on a track before the best tip I can tell you is launch by the time the 3rd yellow lights hits because if you wait till green you won't have a good reaction time. . . Besides that have fun :D and video tape your run or something
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6
2000 Lexus GS400
StockSolara
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Mandarinsolara » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:56 am

just use the additive you can get at pep boys or whatever. i find it speeds up the revs a little bit.

but i used double the dosage it called for. so i was running like 110 probably

and it does seem to empty out the tank faster lol.
Mandarinsolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Previous

Return to Forced Induction