[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Failed my SMOG test
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Failed my SMOG test

Re: Failed my SMOG test

Postby PhreakdOut » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:26 am

JavaJoe_2 wrote: I was like 480% over on HC's, 143% over on CO's and 180% over on NOx!!
Would that make me a gross polluter.

Al Gore just got the results of your emissions test!

-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby CamryOnBronze » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:40 am

^ :lol:
94 Camry: Beater
99 Solara: S/C & Totaled (RIP)
93 240SX: SR20DET
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby 99V6solaraSE » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:15 pm

so whats the status on this..
im curious to see the results with the supercharger with the tuneable cpe.
Blown @ 5.5PSI w/ xerd, 3inch jpp, tunable cpe Automatic... SOLD
2010 Mazdaspeed 3 ZOOM-ZOOM B)
99V6solaraSE
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JavaJoe_2 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:00 pm

I need to get the cat fixed first.
Got Boost?? :sweet:
JavaJoe_2
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Dawgz » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:32 pm

JavaJoe_2 wrote:I need to get the cat fixed first.

order one from the member on here "Midias", he makes good stuff.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Akfahad » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:50 am

^^x2
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby JavaJoe_2 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:29 pm

PhreakdOut wrote:Image

My Buddy Al!!
Thanks!
Got Boost?? :sweet:
JavaJoe_2
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby mzfe5speed » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:13 pm

that sucks you gotta get smog test! i thought you only had to get tested if you're in milwaukee? i was very glad we dont have to do that here in madison when i had my camry!! g/l joe, i hope it works out smoothly for ya.
Go Camry Go!!!
Was Officially BOOSTED!!
(And Loved It!)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2488906
mzfe5speed
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby RON » Sun May 03, 2009 3:57 pm

I live in So Cal and just FAILED (see car mods on link below). I had just replaced the knock sensors the day before. DO NOT get your car smogged if you just replaced/disconnected the battery OR had work done on ANY of the sensors on your car! Wait at least 3-4 DAYS! The ECU needs to *reset* all the OBD ll codes and it may take 2-3 driving cycles (that means car starts from COLD!) to set them. If you don't reset it, the software on the smog test will pick up the *incomplete* flags and fail you. Your ECL will NOT be lit either!

My HC and NOX were also thru the roof. I had several *issues* Some vacuum lines were not hooked up correcty(to EGR) and one in the back on the SC was disconnected! When they pulled the SC to change the knock sensors, they F$$Ked up. I FOUND the problem myself after the test. There also was small HOLE in front of the CAT, which can be a problem as well.

I changed the CAT (Ca now has aftermarket approved OBDll cats CHEAP) and replaced both PRE CAT 02 sensors (original with 100K miles). Also tossed in an EGR position sensor and VSV (controls vacuum to EGR). Then put in a bottle of GREENSKY gas additive (do a search) prior. MY HC and NOX passed big time and all flags were *ccomplete* after drving several drive cycles (from COLD START).

Good luck!
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby gnegroni » Sun May 03, 2009 5:15 pm

JavaJoe_2 wrote:
PhreakdOut wrote:Image

My Buddy Al!!
Thanks!

YOU KILLED BUDDY AL! YOU BASTARD!

Oh, and for the life of me, I can't find anything regarding the GREENSKY additive.
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby solara90 » Sun May 03, 2009 5:32 pm

where are you in WI, we dont get tested in Appleton.. you must like in Milwaukee or something

JavaJoe_2 wrote:I need to get the cat fixed first.
02 solara 2az

solara90
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TRDSleeper » Sun May 03, 2009 8:48 pm

Wow, this discussion came just at the right time when I need to SMOG my car this weekend. I have the TRD S/C with the stock pulley and Injen intake. I don't think I should run into any problem. I'll let you guys know if I pass or not. JavaJoe, when you said you have the JPP exhaust, are you talking about the headers too? I'm asking because I heard you can fail the visual inspection with headers. Also, does anyone here know if changing the S/C pulley, fuel mods, and getting a tune will make me fail SMOG?
TRDSleeper
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby RON » Sun May 03, 2009 10:11 pm

>>I'm asking because I heard you can fail the visual inspection with headers. Also, does anyone here know if changing the S/C pulley, fuel mods, and getting a tune will make me fail SMOG?<<

If you go to a guy who tests *by the book* (in CA), you'll FAIL on any mod that doesn't have a CARB # (ie, sticker). TRD SC and Injen provide you with these. If the guy is *anal*, you'll fail on headers without CARB #. My tester looked for the stickers on the SC and Injen intake! As far as pulley..hehe..they can't tell. Injector mods?? If they stand out with a bunch colored parts..you're rolling the dice, but *should* be ok. Just my take.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TRDSleeper » Wed May 06, 2009 8:00 pm

^ I agree that nobody should notice the pulley or fuel mod change visually, but in terms of the emission output I don't know if it will fail smog. I'm planning to do these mods in the future so I would rather not have to take them off every 2 years.
TRDSleeper
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby gnegroni » Wed May 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Additional mods on an engine will increase ALL emissions, its a matter of whats the allowable limits for a particular car.

Too hot a mixture causes increased NOX emissions on any engine.

Dumb question, but will the supercharger work let air thru without a pulley? How about a pulley that makes supercharger output similar amounts of air like stock (yeah, it would probably be stupidly enormous)? Lets say a supercharger that would produce 1psi max of boost? Stupid, if the ECU can handle that, then car could pass smog easier than having a 4 or 5.5psi, without having to take the supercharger off.

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Forced Induction