[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Poll on turbo kit production
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Which would you choose?

I would definatly buy a turbo kit, but don't care if it's 50 state legal, I just want HP!
73%
I would definatly buy a turbo kit that was 50 state legal
27%

Total votes : 48

Poll on turbo kit production

Postby CamryOnBronze » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:21 pm

^ not necessarily true... superchargers still go for like $2200 or less sometimes if you find the right seller. Granted that is sometimes difficult, it isn't usually too hard to find one if you have the cash in hand from my experience ;) The key is having the dough and pulling the trigger...
94 Camry: Beater
99 Solara: S/C & Totaled (RIP)
93 240SX: SR20DET
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby jetbtkng » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:32 pm

ok then find me one, i'll pay cash rite now, i'll give u a week, and i bet u cant find 1 unless u got 1 in storage................ :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby TxBmbleBee » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:59 pm

CamryOnBronze wrote:^ not necessarily true... superchargers still go for like $2200 or less sometimes if you find the right seller. Granted that is sometimes difficult, it isn't usually too hard to find one if you have the cash in hand from my experience ;) The key is having the dough and pulling the trigger...

this is true, i got mine a few months ago for that price. granted...the seller was a badass and i lucked out :D
"i just wanna go fast..."
TxBmbleBee
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GreeKAvaLoN » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:13 pm

ASG14 wrote:With that said, I wish you the best of luck if you do this, and look forward to seeing it's completion. The kit (assuming it's for the 1MZ-FE), would also work on the 94-98 ES300, and I think 95-98 Avalon's. I forgot what year started VVT-i. It hink it was was '99 in the Avalon.

~Adam

95-99 Avalons are all the same, just a minor face lift like the 02-03 solaras. 2000+ Avalons have VVT-i. As for whether or not I'd get this, price and reliability is a big thing. Personally, I'd wait to see what's going on with trd4life's supercharger kit that he's building up. If price is good I'd do my best to get it. BTW, I drive a 1997 Avalon, probably one of the few people in U.S. that would mod one to that extent :D
are avalons supposed to be this fast?
GreeKAvaLoN
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ASG14 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:52 pm

^ LOL, true.

For you people wanting RELIABILITY AND CHEAP, you should stop modding your car and start doing research. THAT IS WHY NO ONE MAKES CRAP! Stop being cheap cunts already, OR stop saying nothing is made for out cars!

GDit.....thats my rant.
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby GreeKAvaLoN » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:27 pm

lol i think by cheap i mean not worth more then my car =P so far there are 2 major mods that can be done - TRD s/c and 3.3 hybrid. They both cost about the same correct? well, honestly, I'd take the 3.3 because it may be a little slower, but I'd rather have the reliability of a brand new engine over a engine with 140k miles pushing 6 lbs of boost lol. Also, trd4life is making a possible breakthrough with the m90 supercharger and said to have close to 300hp and could be cheaper then the trd. So therefore, price may actually play a big part in this depending on what trd4life does. =] idky but i like him =P

SUMMARY: We have 2 Major engine mods along with 1 more possibility of a new s/c and a new turbo. Price WILL effect many opinions.
GreeKAvaLoN
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TxBmbleBee » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:43 pm

^^ it has yet to be done tho and has gabe even quoted a price on the m90 setup yet?
"i just wanna go fast..."
TxBmbleBee
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GreeKAvaLoN » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:47 pm

I'm not sure though, just it may be cheaper? (this is all going off memory) but then again, this hasn't been done yet either..
GreeKAvaLoN
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ASG14 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:51 pm

I;d still like to see both the M90SC and this turbo kit made.......I think some of the ES300 guys would jump on both.
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby GreeKAvaLoN » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:07 pm

well, I could've sworn i saw him post it maybe i was dreaming he said it may be cheaper? oh well. I'll wait for both of these kits to come out and be tested before i jump on any though. =]
GreeKAvaLoN
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TMMK Toy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:17 pm

Depending on how reliable/efficient the turbokit would be I'd maybe consider it over SC. But for a decent kit you're gonna have to be looking at the bare min. of prob. 3k. Those saying 2k are lowballers and if you want to cheap out on your car, then stick to performance mods from APC. Again, prob. 3k at the min and wouldnt be surprised if this kit would go for even 4k.
TMMK Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jetbtkng » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:49 pm

lets face it the turbo kit is for serious gear heads like myself, and not for the guys who think $3000 or $4000 is to much, when it comes to performance lets face it, it costs alot, i paid $5000 for the 2000 lara but when im done its going to be a $15000-20,000 dollar solara, and the blue book is about $6000, its not about the money, its about having a bad asss car........... :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby GreeKAvaLoN » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:18 pm

hah ya, I agree with all that, but still most of us solaraguy's (or avalonguy in my case =P) don't have 5k sitting around for a turbo =/ I know if I had 5k sitting around I'd sell my avalon for 4-5k and get something nicer and newer thats already as fast as a turbo 1mz.. Also, It may be easy for some of the cali/ hot weather guys to use this daily, what about us cold weather people? Turbo has to be reliable enough to last through my chicago winter.. its STILL only like 40 freakin degrees out! I still think a turbo would be badass though =] just seeing the look on people's faces when a turboed toyota flies by hah.
GreeKAvaLoN
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ASG14 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:22 pm

^ Cold weather shouldn't effect it really. You should see all the Turbo'd cars around my area. However, that DOES go to the Reliability factor we all talk about. If it;s made right (Which I'm pretty confident it will be), it would not be an issue. Just like the M90 SC Gabe is working on. Weather should not make a difderence with either kit if produced.
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby YESCA » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:24 pm

krawzyazn wrote:
2k for a turbo kit I can sell you a pos turbo kit for 2k

I think the Ideal Price for this is about 3-4k

I know GTPro will not go with the CHEAP parts either its all about QA

True that. Hell the one I mapped out for the 5SFE I had I was looking at 8K. I would say that a decent turbo kit would be around 3-4k, but a nice solid tuned and can run without problems would be around 8k.

2k for a turbo is a joke. Go buy a eBay kit and destroy your engine the sec. you start it.
YESCA
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Forced Induction