[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - TRD EBC
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

TRD EBC

Postby panic » Sat May 02, 2009 5:31 am

Now about ready to gag if someone else says "built transmission".
What does that mean?
Hint: cut-n-paste from the IPT site doesn't count, nor does use of the meaningless terms "upgrade", "heavy-duty", "improved" or "modified".

Who here, other than me, has "built" an automatic transmission?
panic
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jetbtkng » Sat May 02, 2009 8:57 am

i rebuilt a turbo 400 tranny, does that count............. :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Sat May 02, 2009 8:10 pm

well what we mean i guess is that ipt's transmission is obviously stronger than stock... so there would no need to worry about cutting boost between shift to prevent damage to the trans....

at least thats how i see it
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby STYLSH » Mon May 04, 2009 4:19 am

I had my transmission rebuilt. ie taken down to its little parts and put them back together. Does that count?
STYLSH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby youngblood » Mon May 04, 2009 1:47 pm

STYLSH wrote:I had my transmission rebuilt. ie taken down to its little parts and put them back together. Does that count?

Sounds like panic did the job himself. Get out the snap-ring plier set! Not for the feint of heart.
Black 2004 Solara SLE V6
Green 2002 Camry LE I4
youngblood
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Camry Racing » Mon May 04, 2009 3:37 pm

Mr_Chunkz wrote:dont know if my idiotic driving style did it or not but my stock trans burned out very quick after modding to 6 psi and disabling ebc and doing instant boost mod....
Id recommend running with ebc if you wanna preserve your trans.

dont feel bad I screwed up mine and my car is N/A just normal mods I know that it was the dragstrip

Camry Racing
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Forced Induction