[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Failed my SMOG test
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Failed my SMOG test

Postby TRDSleeper » Fri May 15, 2009 11:39 pm

Okay guys I have the smog check results for my car. It passed with no problems at all. This is with a stock 4 psi pulley and Injen intake. I will be putting on the OBX headers next week as well as a Magnaflow CARB approved catalytic converter to stay somewhat smog legal. Here are my scores:

15mph HC: Max=52 ppm, Measured=10 ppm; CO: Max=0.49%, Measured=0.02%; NO: Max=424 ppm, Measured=124 ppm

25 mph HC: Max=36 ppm, Measured=2 ppm; CO: Max=0.46%, Measured=0.01%; NO: Max=711 ppm, Measured=71 ppm

Overall my test results seems really far from the max allowable limits. Hopefully this means that I will still pass smog with the OBX headers and Magnaflow cat.
TRDSleeper
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby JavaJoe_2 » Thu May 21, 2009 5:08 am

I eventually passed smog.
It turned out to be the pipe on the rear header being cracked, causing the rich condition.
Too bad the shop that told me my cat was bad, screwed up.
Diagnosis $100 + cat and installation $250 = lots of possible mods.
BTW I was running 5.5 pulley, CP-e tuneable (but untuned), and a complete JPP system.
We have no visual smog inspection here.
Got Boost?? :sweet:
JavaJoe_2
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby alltrac92 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:29 am

TRDSleeper wrote: Hopefully this means that I will still pass smog with the OBX headers and Magnaflow cat.
Not in California you will fail the visual inspection even if it runs clean. You may be able to take it to a referee.

Motorists whose vehicles fail a Smog Check because of missing or modified emission-related parts, must replace those parts. The BAR's Emissions Parts Locator service helps motorists locate difficult to find emissions parts or if the parts cannot be found, a Limited Parts Exemption is issued. When a Limited Parts Exemption is issued, the motorist must take his or her vehicle to a Referee Center for inspection. If it passes all other aspects of the Smog Check inspection, the vehicle will be certified. If the parts are available in time for the next required smog inspection, they must be installed before the vehicle can be certified.
alltrac92
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Forced Induction