[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Poll on turbo kit production
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Which would you choose?

I would definatly buy a turbo kit, but don't care if it's 50 state legal, I just want HP!
73%
I would definatly buy a turbo kit that was 50 state legal
27%

Total votes : 48

Poll on turbo kit production

Postby GreeKAvaLoN » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:32 pm

ever seen this video? http://videos.streetfire.net/video/RICEKILLERCOM-Budget-VS_638166.htm?ref=b0653b2f-80cf-4489-a25d-983a003db9b4 ebay can be fast.. and what it seems like reliable.. maybe they can produce different "classes" of the turbo? like some that can handle more power some less? idkk.. just suggestions. =]
are avalons supposed to be this fast?
GreeKAvaLoN
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krawzyazn » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:53 pm

GreeKAvaLoN wrote:ever seen this video? http://videos.streetfire.net/video/RICEKILLERCOM-Budget-VS_638166.htm?ref=b0653b2f-80cf-4489-a25d-983a003db9b4 ebay can be fast.. and what it seems like reliable.. maybe they can produce different "classes" of the turbo? like some that can handle more power some less? idkk.. just suggestions. =]
he is full of shlock-dock-wikki-wacki-dacki lol thats not a stock civic moter VTEC with DOHC!!! lol stage 5 clutch comon
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby jetbtkng » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:54 pm

greek that's the difference between a gear head and you, the gear head will take a car like my lara because i think they look good, and i think there is alot u can do to make them fast, and its a challenge, u instead will get rid of your car and buy something that takes no work or imagination, its all about what can i do to make it a mean machine, thats what ive always done to almost all of my cars bikes and trucks, u have to have the gear head gene in your blood............... :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby i20solara02i » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:57 pm

Hey Brian,

Are you open on weekends? I need my wastegate rewelded to a different position.
version 3.0 complete 302 hp 303 tq stay tuned for 3.01 (meth installed, now needs to get it tune)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOTi2NPNIA
i20solara02i
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby jetbtkng » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:03 pm

there open on saturday's, i think they open at 10 am, do u want there number............... :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby i20solara02i » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:46 am

when the next time you going there frank?
version 3.0 complete 302 hp 303 tq stay tuned for 3.01 (meth installed, now needs to get it tune)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOTi2NPNIA
i20solara02i
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby jetbtkng » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:07 am

when i get back from the laughlin run, im leaving thursday, oh thats tomorrow, lol, do u want there number, let me know........... :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby GreeKAvaLoN » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:24 am

aha, i agree with you about the gear head part, but idk, I'll just wait until I get more money to talk with =P for now, all i can afford are bolt-ons. and btw, people CONSTANTLY ask me, why do I mod my avalon? what's the point? I simply say, to be different =] not one mod on my car is made for an avalon =P from an injen intake, to a greddy evo2 going on sometime this week and even a tokico/tein suspension coming shortly, nothing is built for this car so I take all your guys parts and make it work =P I am a gearhead, just a poor one hah.
GreeKAvaLoN
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby CamryOnBronze » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:01 am

You don't have to have poor spending habits or a fat wallet to be a "gear head"- that is total BS. I don't think it is right to come on here and tell people they aren't true enthusiasts because you SAY you are going to build a $20k solara- everyone who has been hear at least a year has heard that story hundreds of times. I want to trust you and you seem to have a fair amount of knowledge, but please know that those kind of statements really don't get you anywhere here on this forum- anyone can come on here and say that.

I guess I am just tired of the camry/solara community busting on THEMSELVES. I am sick of people who DON'T put money up saying everyone is cheap and needs to put money up. I am not talking about credit card debt here people. Let's face it, the only one here in this thread that has REALLY put money up is i20Solara02i. It isn't fair for people to come on here and accuse others of being cheap when they don't practice what they preach.

I'm sorry, I know I will get flack for it and this is NOT the thread to be posting a huge discussion about this, but let's get things back on track about a GENUINE interest or discussion of a turbo kit WITHOUT all of the BS about who spends money and who says they are going to do what. If anyone feels they need to respond to my post or chew me out, just shoot me a pm- I want to get this back on track for the OP.
94 Camry: Beater
99 Solara: S/C & Totaled (RIP)
93 240SX: SR20DET
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby TxBmbleBee » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:20 am

im sure the comment wasn't intentional, nevertheless bronze has a point
"i just wanna go fast..."
TxBmbleBee
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Akfahad » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:38 am

this has gotten waaayy off topic from what the author had intended....
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby facevedo17 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:46 am

^^^^ The author hasen't posted since we scared him away he must think we are locos...............
[
facevedo17
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jetbtkng » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:39 am

i wasn't trying to rag anyone, its just i'm trying to get a a new product made for this community, i got a company who is really interested in making a turbo kit and then u have all the naysayers, it just kinda of pissed me off, whats the sense of even trying to do this when u read WELL IF IT COST A DOLLAR I'LL BUY IT, all i meant when i said gear heads is it doesn't matter what it costs, a gear head will find a way to get it, if i offended anyone sorry but ive been working my asss off trying to put this together............... :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby GreeKAvaLoN » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:13 am

how long do you think the production will take? r they just going to make a big batch for a gb and thats it or make one whenever? if this is around nxt year this time and i have a good job ill consider it. jet r u going to be the test dummy?
GreeKAvaLoN
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jetbtkng » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:47 pm

yup bbq bob and i are going to be the guinea pigs, but i'll be the 1st one for all of the fitment issues and tuning.................. :drinking:
jetbtkng

PreviousNext

Return to Forced Induction