[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - started the turbo project.. here we go! questions..
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

started the turbo project.. here we go! questions..

Postby racekraft05 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:01 am

does anyone know of a place that sells or makes turbo manifolds for the 1mz i am trying to put a single turbo set up on my solara but i am not having luck finding the manifolds
racekraft05
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1gSE » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:09 am

gotta go custom, or just get a custom Y-pipe to bring it back up front
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby racekraft05 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:11 pm

i'm new to the solara scene so just wondering if anyone has done this that can help me out with maybe a place that fabs manifolds or something because me myself im not that great of a welder. love the car just wanna get some more power.
racekraft05
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby crispone » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:20 pm

racekraft05 wrote:i'm new to the solara scene so just wondering if anyone has done this that can help me out with maybe a place that fabs manifolds or something because me myself im not that great of a welder. love the car just wanna get some more power.

Any reason for not going S/C instead? TRD item JUST went for sale here this past week! 8)

I'd say the TURBO option on the 1MZ is a lot more involved... and to push the kind of power it would be capable of might require more major mods to handle...

(Not that I know much about the Gen 1's... but in general, I'd think...)

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby jetbtkng » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:59 pm

to run big boost with turbo, you'll need to rebuild the engine, eagle rods or something simular, forged pistons, ported polished heads, balance & blueprint internals, and much much more, a stock 3.0 is good to about 285hp, beyond that your on your own......................... :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team

dis

Postby NRDriver » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:50 pm

i have to disagree. i think that the turbo's can push 8psi. 300-365 horse power. ive seen 5 turbo projects and seen 3 that survived 8 psi for more that a year with no problems.

more than 8 psi. i would get internals
00 Solara,SEV6,ASA JH8, hks ignition, JET chip, greddy evo,TSW short shifter,carbon dash,TRD kit, Weapon r SR w/ CA ext, DATSrpipe, TRD springs/struts
NRDriver
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DaveSolara » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:41 pm

UPDATE!!!:

Ok, been working the past couple of weeks on this thing. Loving every busted knuckle moment. Little sweat, blood, and tears. Coming along well. I also have done so much research on this 1MZ. Wish i was going with the 2MZ starting off now that I know more about it. Anyway, The stock rods should handle well over everyone's calculations. The stock rods are shot-peened forged rods factory. Yes, they are a little thin, but able to withstand more abuse than what we thought. Thats a big plus.

After the time and money I am putting into this thing, more time than money so far to do it right, I have decided i dont want to take any serious chances of harming the motor. I am ordering 9:1 compression pistons. Found them for $155 for the set with rings. Have to wait 2-3 weeks for them, coming out of Australia.

Now that I am going as far as replacing my pistons, I have decided to go with a Twin turbo set-up. GT2835's to be exact.

So if anyone is interested in buying my new T3/T4 turbo, PM me. $250 plus shipping. Its a custom Texas turbo build built specifically with the 1MZ torque curve in mind.

Also, I order my clutch masters clutch today. Cant wait til that gets here.

So far:
Edlebrock FMIC
Greddy BOV
2.5 polished i/c piping
2.5 exhaust tubing
APEXi turbo timer
APEXi A/F meter - wide band
VDO Boost gauge/ Autogauge pod
Greddy dual exhaust
Short Shifter
Clutchmasters Stage 3
9:1 pistons
Motec fuel / computer management
Supra injectors x6
2000 1/2 Solara V6 1mz 5sp
t3/t4 turbo
DaveSolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby jetbtkng » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:28 am

um , i think there was a thread here not long ago, he ran 13 lbs with a turbo and rods went through the block with 1mz, 3.0., never mind 9-1 copression your good............... :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby DaveSolara » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:04 pm

it was probably detonating badly before the rod flew and he probably wasn't running enough fuel. Had that problem years ago with my old 240sx running too much boost on the KA stock internals without enough fuel. the piston ring landings broke first then a rod.
t3/t4 turbo
DaveSolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby KILLA CAM » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:59 pm

Pics or :ban:

:lol:
KILLA CAM
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DaveSolara » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:22 pm

no pics up yet. just havent taken any yet.. i will see about getting some up. I polished and mounted the intercooler this week and have some fab work being done at a local machine shop..

My clutch is almost shot and I am not even boosting yet, so now something else to have to be replaced before getting the turbos up.
t3/t4 turbo
DaveSolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:34 pm

PICS PICS PICS :D

PLEASE POST PICS.
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Twin Turbo » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:09 pm

Ya lets see some pics for sure! It will be interesting to see someone else with this set up! Guess ill have to change my avatar!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... 67a079d37c
Follow @ballsofthunder for non-stop ridiculous action
Twin Turbo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DaveSolara » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:38 pm

ok, all i could ad was an avatar pic...

can anyone host my pics if i email them to you and ad them on here?
t3/t4 turbo
DaveSolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Ruski » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:49 pm

yea shot me an email
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Forced Induction