[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Supercharger?
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Supercharger?

Supercharger?

Postby Soup80 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:58 am

Someone is selling a SC but it is only the manifold and pully. He says that all I need is an install kit and a new by-pass valve. Is there anything else I need? How much does those additional parts cost? If anyone knows.... Please help me out.
Soup80
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SC V6 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:01 pm

I saw that on ebay... you would need the entire pulley asseblmy, lots of nuts/bolts, Electronic Boost Controller, there would be a lot of parts to order.. the S\c that you are looking at had the release rod at the top bent, which means that it could stick and not release the pressure when needed.. steer clear
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Soup80 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:17 pm

Do you think it is still worth it to buy that and the spare parts? Will it be cheaper? I'm on a budget. Or will it be better for me to just save my money? Is that bent rod fixable? Thanks for your insite.
Soup80
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Yanks0114 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:59 pm

Soup80 wrote:Do you think it is still worth it to buy that and the spare parts? Will it be cheaper? I'm on a budget. Or will it be better for me to just save my money? Is that bent rod fixable? Thanks for your insite.

Unless you are VERY mechanically inclined and patient I would steer clear.

Plus buying the parts could get very expensive. That SC would be best for someone with one now who destroys theirs.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Return to Forced Induction