[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - question about superchargers
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

question about superchargers

Postby Mole » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:09 am

you will not have to mod the ecu.

if TRD ever comes out with one, the car will be fine for stock boosting applications.

once you start to mod the charger, (assuming you already have the air going to engine/exhaust opened up,) air/fuel tinkering will be needed. next step is to look at fuel output and so forth.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby Rudy » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:25 pm

doesn't the scion tc use the same engine? and isn't TRD currently working on an sc for the scion?
99 Solara V6 5SPD
Rudy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mole » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:42 am

each car is different.

we for sure aren't civics.

plus the stock supercharger is made for stock specs. there would be no need to upgrade anything.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby JoeB » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:47 pm

SolTech wrote:How come I don't need to tinker with the fuel/air ratio with the supercharger installed? I heard people with civics that when they install like a greddy supercharger, they upgraded their fuel system.

TRD is very good at selling the sc as a kit and including the necessary parts for a complete installation. You can simply add the kit and be done. Where you have to consider a computer to balance the air/fuel is when you decide you want to use a smaller pulley for more boost, then you add bigger injectors, increase fuel pressure and maybe fuel pump to increase fuel delivery. Then the result leaves the car running too rich or lean beyond where the ECU can adjust it in. Of course you could always get lucky and add in the perfect combination requiring no piggy-back computer but the odds get worse as you increase the boost. OR, maybe you added a short-ram intake, headers, y-pipe, high-flow cat and large exhaust so it would breathe better but now it runs lean. You have to monitor it when you start making modifications. TRD doesn't expect everyone can or will do that and since they warrant it, they keep it very simple and complete. -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Hsakuragi » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:14 am

for solara:

not trd for sure
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Mole » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:24 am

SolTech wrote:okay. one question though, have they ever made a supercharger for a four banger solara in the past?

yes, they made one for the matrix/corolla.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby CASTRO » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:23 pm

^
theres only two settings buddy. The TRD sway only has what is known as street or track. IMO the outer hole or (street) feels too soft and is too much like the stock to tell a difference.
97 Camry XLE S/C V6 -- 07 "New Formula Red" S2000 -- 07 "Milano Red" Fit Sport
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby CASTRO » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:11 pm

SolTech wrote:there are three holes. I checked it out, two street settings and one competition. I am going with the middle setting because the competition one would be too stiff.

i dont wanna get too off topic but.... for a TRD bar, its only two holes. I'm looking at it right now. Unless you got some super special bar from TRD that no one else has heard about, I'd wanna sww some pics.
97 Camry XLE S/C V6 -- 07 "New Formula Red" S2000 -- 07 "Milano Red" Fit Sport
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Next

Return to Forced Induction