[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2 questions RE: fuel pump & intercooler
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

2 questions RE: fuel pump & intercooler

Postby shidosha01 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:54 am

JoeB wrote:
shidosha01 wrote:It does cool down the intake charge just before it enters the motor. I contacted Alpine Industries and they said that there are new plans to make a custom cooler for our S/C. :(

Rizal, did you mean to say they have "no" plans to make a custom cooler for our S/C or "new"? If new, then :D . If no, then :( . -JoeB

Ooops! Sorry about that. I meant NO PLANS. :cry:
Rizal D. / Forever "tabasco"
99 V6 SE 5spd FT61 1MZ-FTE
393whp/445ft-lbs. TQ @15psi
shidosha01
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Nutty101 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:27 am

Just go with a water injection or meth kit. They make them allready for our s/c. Meth would cool it down some on detonation.
Nutty101
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JoeB » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:05 am

Nutty101 wrote:Just go with a water injection or meth kit. They make them allready for our s/c. Meth would cool it down some on detonation.

What kits for our S/C are you referring to? -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Nutty101 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:34 pm

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/cp/806-009/806-009.html

Introduction:
For those who wants a 3-D water injection MAP but do not want to spend the time-consuming task of mapping, this system is perfect for you.

The heart of the system is a newly developed controller that reads the PWM signal from the engine's fuel injector (including Peak and Hold type) and convert it to drive the High Speed Valve to deliver water, it draws less than 10ma from the pulsed line. This will enable the water injection to follow a fixed water/fuel ratio.

A 3-30psi Adjustable Pressure Switch (normally closed) sets the cut-in point relative to the manifold pressure. It just cannot be simpler for the user.

The system provides a pre-pressurised water line up to 8 bars and the flow rate is metered by our High speed Valve (HSV). This inline valve is made of high grade Stainless steel. As usual, except for the water tank, the system is supplied with everything needed to be fitted with ease.

The Fuel Injection Amplifier v2 (FiA2) ...
Apart from mirroring the fuel injection pulses, it also monitors the fuel's duty cycle and converting it to 0-5 Volt for the purposes of data logging or just want to know if your stock injectors has maxed out. Two coloured LEDs are mounted on the top side of the box. The green LED indicates successful detection of fuel injection pulses and the red LED lights up when water in being injected ( preset manifold pressure is reached).

There is more...
Concealed inside this tiny exterior, it holds a very important diagnostic circuitry - it will detect BLOCKED water jet !!!
it reads the pulsed signal form the centre pin of the Aquamist pump and compares it to the water valve pulses and flags an error signal to yet another 1.5A output drive to trigger a relay or a boost limiting solenoid valve to bring the boost pressure to a safe level should a blocked jet be detected.
Nutty101
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JoeB » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:48 am

Nutty, do you have that kit? If so, where are you injecting and tell me more? It looks like the ERL Aquamist 2D. If so, I have that kit installed. I talked to several very good tuners and everyone recommended I inject before the throttle body. I asked about injecting in the S/C housing and was strongly advised not to do it that way. I haven't had a lot of success with the water injection yet but I'm still experimenting. I just bought a 15gal drum of Methanol so I can try a different mixture. -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: 2 questions RE: fuel pump & intercooler

Postby Gadget » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:16 pm

grnsolara wrote:I have 2 questions for under one topic to save space for other people's questions.

1. I had someone begin installing the 190 lph Walbro fuel pump on my 2000 solara. The directions require cutting a metal pipe 1/4 inch. My pipe is plastic and the installer said even if the plastic pipe is cut that the pump will still not fit in the tank. Can anyone offer me some specific installation instruction for help me troubleshoot? Thank you.

2grnsolara

What pump and where did you get it from?

URD sells a modified Walbro 190 LPH pump that will fit in the returnless fuel system you have.

Email me if I can help you in any way, Gadget@GadgetOnline.com

Gadget
Gadget
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby grnsolara » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:42 pm

Sorry for the late reply. That's the fuel pump I have, but I had to modify the "cradle" (for lack of a better term) for the fuel pump. I finally got it installed by removing a few plastic pieces and uses hose clamps to hold it in. I also dented the gas tank 1/8" to kinda help it fit more snugly. At first I used some zip ties for temporary purposes, but they will dissolve in gas over time, so I went to hose clamps. Anyone know if I can go wrong here. All input is appreciated.
I read forums more than I talk. /shame
grnsolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gadget » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:39 pm

grnsolara wrote:Sorry for the late reply. That's the fuel pump I have, but I had to modify the "cradle" (for lack of a better term) for the fuel pump. I finally got it installed by removing a few plastic pieces and uses hose clamps to hold it in. I also dented the gas tank 1/8" to kinda help it fit more snugly. At first I used some zip ties for temporary purposes, but they will dissolve in gas over time, so I went to hose clamps. Anyone know if I can go wrong here. All input is appreciated.

OK, I am still confused.

URD currently sells two versions of the Walbro 190 pump. The standard one and one we modify in house to fit the Camry/Solara returnless fuel system.

So, are you using the standard 190 fuel pump or the modified one for your fuel system?

Gadget
Gadget
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby grnsolara » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:26 pm

Sorry Gadget for belated reply. I talked w/ Brian at URD, and apparently I was sent the wrong one. He sent me the return line pump. I think he said it was okay as long as I got it to fit. If you see any problems with this, your input is much appreciated.
I read forums more than I talk. /shame
grnsolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mandarinsolara » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:08 pm

roots style intercoolers, the sandwhich type, are not as efficient as front mount. the pressurized air has very little time to be cooled, and as to how much cooling it can actually produce is limited due to the direct attachment. waste of time and money. as for this injection crap,... find something else to do
Mandarinsolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Previous

Return to Forced Induction