[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - is trd the only manufacturer of superchargers for the solara
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

is trd the only manufacturer of superchargers for the solara

is trd the only manufacturer of superchargers for the solara

Postby solaraslev67 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:02 pm

is trd the only manufacturer of superchargers for the solara?
solaraslev67
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby s e y t o n » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:05 pm

RIPP mods makes a blower for the 5s-fe. im pretty sure TRD is the only choice for the v6.
-Sam

Black 2000 5s-fe 5 speed - "Blackie"
s e y t o n
devilish solaraguy
devilish solaraguy

Postby bkp_duke » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:59 pm

if i remember correctly, Kazzuma was the original partner for the V6 supercharger. not sure if they market their product outside of TRD though.
2000 Solara SLE V6, Silverstream Opalescent
TRD Body Kit, Charcoal Leather
TRD Shocks, Struts, RSB, and Air filter
Legal Tint (32%)
bkp_duke
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JoeB » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:40 am

I could be wrong but my understanding is, it is an Eaton supercharger manufactured by Magnusen for TRD. TRD uses the Kazuma name. Why, I don't know. At first, I thought Kazuma was a company that made the sc for TRD but when I asked TRD they said Kazuma is just their name (maybe a division?).

Unfortunately, I think this is the only one available for the 1MZ-FE. The reason why I say unfortunately is, if my recent understanding is correct, once you get to about 8psi, you are at the top operating speed of the blower (16,000RPM) and 7psi is at the top recommended speed of the blower. That is if you are figuring top RPM of 6200. I know my shifts on my automatic happen at around 6,350 RPM which makes it even worse. At those speeds, you generate so much heat the air is expanded.

My latest theorey is that is why we see more psi registered on the gauge when we use smaller pulleys, it's heat. Follow this: When you have a 4psi pulley, they usually read around 4psi on the gauge. With that 3.2" pulley, you are only turning the blower rotors at 12,000RPM. Although the max RPM of the blower is 16,000RPM, Magnusen recommends it be kept at or below 14,000-15,000 tops. With the 8psi 2.4" pulley, at 6,200 RPM you are turning the blower rotors at 16,000 RPM. At that point, it is making so much heat that same volume of air the rotors push is expanded and looks like even more boost. In my case, I see around 10.5-11psi using the 8psi (2.4") pulley. The bad thing is, it isn't like it's just that much more usable air, it is just expanded because of the heat and creates more pressure.

So back to the unfortunate part. I wish there was a larger blower that offered the chance for an inter-cooler too. 8) Sorry to drift and ramble, it was just on my mind. -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Mole » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:19 pm

ohhhhhhhh. ....

so THAT's the reason why some people see more boost on the gauge than on the allowed pulley.

from all the expanded pressure heat makes.

that totally makes sense.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:25 am

on TN, there is a dude who's working on turbochargin his 1mz (not just his imz..but to make a std turbo that would mate well for resell). Its been in the works for a year now...from what i understand they are close to marketing it within a few months...but i'd rather stick with the trd s/c than those guys...
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby SC V6 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:31 am

thats why Im just going to run 6 psi safely and get it tuned in, and start saving on my NOVA!!! I have always wanted to build a muscle car, and I want to have my project car be a 1969 Nova SS... it would be NICE... my solara is my classy lookin fast car... the Nova would just be a beast to say the least
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby trdkamuri51o » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:21 pm

Jai wrote:on TN, there is a dude who's working on turbochargin his 1mz (not just his imz..but to make a std turbo that would mate well for resell). Its been in the works for a year now...from what i understand they are close to marketing it within a few months...but i'd rather stick with the trd s/c than those guys...

that would be tony the tiger.

his goal is well over 600whp and its all custom. last time i asked the total project on his car was an investment of: 14 thousand dollars

as for a TT kit for the solara, im not holding my breath for sportivo concepts who claims to have his RWD camry :roll:
need wheels? www.memoryfab.com - ask for david

-1JZ Bozo Camry = Cooler than Penguin crap in January on the face of Pluto.
trdkamuri51o

Postby Mole » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:36 pm

SC V6 wrote:thats why Im just going to run 6 psi safely and get it tuned in, and start saving on my NOVA!!! I have always wanted to build a muscle car, and I want to have my project car be a 1969 Nova SS... it would be NICE... my solara is my classy lookin fast car... the Nova would just be a beast to say the least

dude... :o hopefully by that time, i will have my 69' chevelle malibu!

lets race!

what motor you plan to put in?
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby SC V6 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:31 pm

Im thinking a crate motor from Edelbrock.. probably a 454 fuel injection!
it will kick as$
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:57 am

trdkamuri510 wrote:

his goal is well over 600whp and its all custom. last time i asked the total project on his car was an investment of: 14 thousand dollars

as for a TT kit for the solara, im not holding my breath for sportivo concepts who claims to have his RWD camry :roll:

No i wasn't referring to tony, it was sportivo concepts. AS far as the RWD camry, i agree....but as far as a AWD camry, its possible. They do have awd for their 4banger engines. I think his idea was to mate that with some kind of forced induction. (kinda like how the awd matrix dudes add the s/c). But like i said earlier, i'd stick with trd one. RELIABLE n if its not your fancy..then its still SELLABLE!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Duffman » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:46 am

Jai wrote:
trdkamuri510 wrote:

No i wasn't referring to tony, it was sportivo concepts. AS far as the RWD camry, i agree....but as far as a AWD camry, its possible. They do have awd for their 4banger engines. I think his idea was to mate that with some kind of forced induction. (kinda like how the awd matrix dudes add the s/c). But like i said earlier, i'd stick with trd one. RELIABLE n if its not your fancy..then its still SELLABLE!

The older Camrys (87-91) had AWD available on the V6 as well, though I think the 6 was only available for 89-91 (I had a 91 V6 LE).
2002 Toyota Solara SE V6 5-Speed
2005 Pontiac GTO 6-Speed
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS
Duffman
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction