[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Check engine came on :(
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Check engine came on :(

Check engine came on :(

Postby all_red » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:25 pm

I was at the drag earlier tonight and during one of my runs the CEL came on. I got home and disconnected the battery for couple of minutes then connected it and everything was cool. Could it be the knock sensors?
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Hsakuragi » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:44 am

go scan for code
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby JoeB » Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:38 am

It could be any number of things. The only way to tell is to scan the code. -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby all_red » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:10 pm

Yea I did. It came back on this morning after driving for 2 miles so I went to Toyota and it pulled the code PO330. I guess thats the front bank knock sensor, right? They quoted me $795.

I think its caused by the CAI, since it brings in denser air than what the engine is used to with the short ram. I guess I ran it really hard at the drag coz I had like 10 mins between each run.

Well, I'll be getting the fuel rails and filter from Jim soon. I donno guys, tell me what you think.
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SC V6 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:53 pm

I think thats what caused my engine to mess up when I had to get it rebuilt... I think it ran fine w\ the stock airbox, but when I got the extension, i bet it threw the tuning out the window
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby sleepin2000 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:08 am

The wonderful world of tuning, the more mods you have on your car, the more problems you have with it...I love it. Getting a SAFC and having your car dyno tuned would be a good direction to go.
In Memory of My Son
Christian Edward Goldstone
October 13, 2005 - June 7, 2007
sleepin2000
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Fletch » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:50 pm

Rewire the knock sensors so only the rear bank is going to the ECU, there are posts and pics if you search. Maybe don't do any drag racing until Jim's fuel upgrade is installed as there may really be a lean condition in the front bank. I am doing the same thing right now.

I hate to see people waste money at the dealer...
2006 Legacy GT spec.B

(Totaled) '99 SE V6, TRD S/C, 5.5 psi Pulley, Jim's Fuel Upgrade, TRD Shortshifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Lightweight Flywheel, Tokico / Eibach, TRD RSB, 2.5" Custom Y-Pipe, Greddy Cat-Back
Fletch
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kondo » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:15 pm

^^^do what he said. I had the same thing happen to me I cant remeber exactly what it cost if you do a seach you can find it.
kondo
SolaraGuy StickerGuy
SolaraGuy StickerGuy

Postby all_red » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:27 pm

I'll install the kit and do the pressure regulator mod. I'm still thinking abou the rewiring thing. What if there was knock in the front bank? how would the ECU know?
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Hsakuragi » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:16 am

so is that extension that bad?
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby JoeB » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:24 am

hsakuragi wrote:so is that extension that bad?

If you're refering to the cold air extension, it has nothing to do with it. -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby all_red » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:23 am

hsakuragi wrote:so is that extension that bad?

No, I'm not saying its bad. I was just saying that after the CAI was installed it required more fuel which stock fuel rails couldn't supply.
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Hsakuragi » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:11 pm

well i just got the extension installed.

charger, 5.5, safc and the greddy evo....

you think eventually the CAI will cause any problems?

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SC V6 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:19 pm

the knocking is due to the colder air... since colder air has better combustion it could cause it to knock more so than w\ hotter air.. u know what I mean??? hot air doesn't combust as well, so the extra gas would be fine to not knock.. but w\ the colder much denser air, it could... it really depends.. the best thing to do would be to go to a dyno and make sure it wouldn't hurt.. im sure it won't do anything too drastic
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6

Postby all_red » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:47 pm

hsakuragi wrote:well i just got the extension installed.

charger, 5.5, safc and the greddy evo....

you think eventually the CAI will cause any problems?

I had it on for about 3 months and everything was fine until I ran it pretty hard at the drag and that was on 93octane gas. Since your running higher boost and down in Cali you guys don't have easy access to high octane gas, I'd say your risk is higher. I'd suggest you get the fuel system upgrade from Jim just to be on the safe side. Its got 100% positive feedback!
I'll be installing mine this weekend hopefully and see what happens.
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Forced Induction