[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - already used the "search" feature yet still need m
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

already used the "search" feature yet still need m

Postby all_red » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:19 pm

TRD won't release a supercharger unless they do many testing on it and make sure that its problem free. I didn't experience any problems with the supercharger with stock setup. I really drive hard and race alot, but it was fine. I needed to get a fuel system upgrade after installing the cold air intake.

So, if TRD makes releases a SC, it will work fine with no mods!
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TRDCamry » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:53 pm

If TRD does come out with a S/C for your gen, make no mistake it'll be safe as is. Now, once you start messing with the S/C by raising the boost, this is when you'll encouter fuel starvation problems. Even an exhaust system can cause you to run slightly lean. If you feel you're running a little lean, you can get an air/fuel controller and get tuning done.
Here's a link for info and pics of my 1999 Camry:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t44068.html

Sohil
TRDCamry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby all_red » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:46 pm

SolTech wrote:why did you need to upgrade your fuel system after the CAI install?

It was running a bit lean and I blew my knock sensor. As TRDCamry said, If TRD releases a SC and you keep stock setup, you'll be fine!
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction